Pay pal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay pal

I win this auction and ONLY Bid BUY IT NOW because he takes Pay Pal. He is in Florida, USA. I am in California USA

Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2539674242

His e-mail to me;

Also, I am not accepting PayPal payments. Only money orders and U.S. Dollars sent via registered mail. The money orders will have a cashing fee of somewhere around 5 to 7% of the lp and shipping total. If you pay by cash there are no additional charges, just the item price and the shipping costs.
    Derrick

No matter what they say in their auctions, these things don't mean anything. They are all liars, thieves and pimps and good men like you and me will die like dogs.

HAPPY MONDAY ! Wheeeeeeeeee

Have a great week !

Jack

It says quite clearly 'pay me...with paypal' in the description, so I'd guess he's obliged to accept Paypal. If not, I doubt you can be held to the deal, as you made the bid under a false impression...he's in the wrong, & you should just call him on it!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Jack @ 23 June 2003,19:06)]I win this auction and ONLY Bid BUY IT NOW because he takes Pay Pal. He is in Florida, USA. I am in California USA

Auction:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2539674242

His e-mail to me;

Also, I am not accepting PayPal payments. Only money orders and U.S. Dollars sent via registered mail. The money orders will have a cashing fee of somewhere around 5 to 7% of the lp and shipping total. If you pay by cash there are no additional charges, just the item price and the shipping costs.
      Derrick

No matter what they say in their auctions, these things don't mean anything. They are all liars, thieves and pimps and good men like you and me will die like dogs.

HAPPY MONDAY ! Wheeeeeeeeee

Have a great week !

Jack
      DO NOT send money in the post.

I have been badly burned by someone of high reconition.
      I'm giving him ONE more week to get his arse in gear, before
      the whole world knows and the Dissing begins.
      He knows who he is.

watch this space.
      Whats you're style ?

Comment

Jammin,

ALWAYS, if you are sending money, send it REGISTERED.

They have to sign for it and Registered means Recorded Delivery which means there is a record of it with a
        Registration #.

People in Europe have been sending cash
        thru the mail for ages, Registered and not.

I have set cash overseas Registered and not and within the US and not and have never have been ripped off yet, thank god.

Jack

Comment

The reality of this guy is, is that he cashes Money Orders at a
          place that charges him a percentage

And get this; He didn't know that him getting a USPS
          United States Postal Service Money Order can be cashed
          without any charge at the Unites States Post Office.

THAT'S THE KICKER ! So, I'm sending him a good old
          regular USPS Money Order, NO CASH

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Jack @ 24 June 2003,01:51)]Jammin,

ALWAYS, if you are sending money, send it REGISTERED.

They have to sign for it and Registered means Recorded Delivery which means there is a record of it with a
            Registration #.

People in Europe have been sending cash
            thru the mail for ages, Registered and not.

I have set cash overseas Registered and not and within the US and not and have never have been ripped off yet, thank god.

Jack
            Jack ,
            i did send the money registered and the person has recieved it.
            he has just vanished.
            I in return have no records , no reply to e'mails , no reply to phone calls.
            All rather frustrating really.

just out of interest , how long would it take a parcel from the US to NL 2nd class ?
            Whats you're style ?

Comment

Got to say, this Derrick guy's a tool. He's doing it deliberately cos he scammed me recently by sending an IMO in USD when I specified GBP only.

When I pointed this out to him he was like 'You only said Paypal in GBP only' as if it wasn't plain and clear that a UK seller wouldn't have much use for fucking US money. Don't suppose he would have had to pay a charge to send me an IMO in GBP would he? Would that have been his snide reason perchance? Well, I couldn't be arsed with the faff and paid it into my account anyway and had to pay £5 for the privilege, which meant that he effectively had the item mailed free and reduced in price slightly.

I hate negative feedback, so I left him slightly ambiguous positive feedback, but I'll be adding him to my 'Blocked Bidders' list.

He's just out to con people and he should be avoided just so that he gets the message.

Benicio
              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

So this guy Derrick is aware enough to pore over someone's payment details with the precision of a tobbacco firm's legal department but doesn't notice that his own is in breach?
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

All i would like to add to this thread is that there are a LOT of extremely "retarded" folk out there in the world of ebay who -

1. Can't read, or can't be arsed to read your payment instructions/requirements.

2. Get very offensive as a result of their own shortfalls as a human being.

3. Don't actually have the Savvy to realise they are representing themselves as an actual person when online. Don't take seriously or haven't read the actual policies of ebay.

4. Who are still playing school games on ebay and bidding wildly on stuff with no intention of actually buying it. When is ebay going to sort this out !?

5. Who are more than likely complete Fookers in real life, the sort you wouldn't give the steam off your P###

AAhhhhggg, thats better ! nice to get these things off your chest. I'm getting more and more frustrated with my forays into the ebay world. It is now granted that if i sell 15 items in one set of auctions that there will be at least 3 people i will just not hear from at all. I am also getting more & more folks who just don't communicate - OK they pay me but i do like to recieve at least one brief mail from them to acknowledge my mail.

Jammin - If by chance the records you are waiting on have been sent surface, they will likely arrive but be warned it could take 8 weeks ! Still no excuse for ignorance from the person you got them off.
                  SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

It's amazing, but people who use ebay apparently can't all read. Bad luck lately with the overseas sellers (I'm in the US)... I don't take anything but bidpay or paypal from overseas bidders, I just end up waiting for weeks to get it. But this doesn't stop them from sending me cash... even when I tell them not to... last time this happened I just nicked a few bucks off the top for auction cost + return shipping and sent the rest back with a note. I guess this keeps some insane foreign bidders away, but I like the convenience.

Comment

On the topic of ebay,

I recently purchased an lp from a seller & have tried contacting him on 3 seperate occasions to find out about shipping costs & he has made no effort at returning my emails.

I believe perhaps the auction item did not reach his expectations & he is now trying to stiff me!

My question is, other than just leaving him negative feedback(which really does nothing) or there other actions i can take to get him barred or warned by ebay.

i know you can do this to bad buyers, but can it be done for sellers as well?

thank you

Comment

Vic,

I won the auction but the seller won't sell the item. What now?

If an auction has ended and you were the winning bidder, you can request the seller's name, phone number, city and state directly from eBay by following the steps outlined for you below:

1. Click 'site map' on the Navigation Bar located at the top of most eBay pages.

2. When the site map opens, click on 'Search for Members' under 'Search.'

3. Complete the information in the Contact Info box and click on 'Submit.'

Note: You can also reach the 'Registered user information request' page by following this link:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...mberSearchShow

If your attempts to resolve this situation using the steps above have failed, please send the auction information including an explanation of the steps taken to resolve this situation to our Investigations Department. If you have received an email from the seller in which they state they will not be sending the item, please send us that email with the full headers attached.

A header will look like a string of "nonsense" characters, similar to the example I have pasted for you below. You can find this by using the "properties" function of your email program.

Return-Path: <sender email address> Received: from mail-pacbell.net (mail

gw5.pacbell.net [206.13.28.23])by ixmail9.ix.netcom.com (8.8.7-s-4/8.8.7/(NETCOM v1.01)) with ESMTP id; for <recipient email address>; Mon, 22 Mar 1999 06:34:48 -0800 (PST) From: <sender email address> Received: from 207.214.211.69 (ppp-207-214-211-69.sntc01.pacbell.net [207.214.211.69]) by mail- gw5.pacbell.net (8.8.8/8.7.1) with SMTP id GAA15251; Mon, 22 Mar 1999 06:34:28 -0800 (PST) Message-ID: <[email protected]> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 06:34:32 +0100

Please send all of the information to us by clicking on the 'Contact Customer Support' link at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ng-seller.html

Once our Investigations Team has had a chance to review the information, they will take the appropriate action.

Comment

I recently resorted to contacting 'Square Trade' (there's a link somewhere on the eBay site) about a seller who wouldn't respond to my mails. The day after they contacted him he got in touch - I think he thought I'd fughedaboudit if he ignored me - and I had the record by the end of the week. Can't hurt to try them...
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

on that familiar 'ebay grrrrr' topic here's another one...

so you win something for, say 22.50 Euro's, post off 25 'cos posting coins is expensive, although if you bubble wrap 'em no-one would know they were there...anyway, LP comes on time...great! but no 2.50 euro's...dont remember saying 'keep the change'...

seems like i've had to take that particular occurance up the wrong 'un too many times now and its starting to niggle!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X