X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's unanimous then?

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...=5&o=7&fpart=1

Chortle!

Credit to Bongolia for getting in there and preparing to fight the corner.

I found the first incident on here pretty funny apart from when I got accused of lying! Ha! Those who know the truth can sleep easy. Goodnight. Zzzzzzzzzz........
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

i don't know, people have different reasons for disliking dealers, and some of it definitely is the sort of 'how dare he charge 50 quid for a 10 quid record?!', directed at Recordkingz, Boogiejuice, etc. but people don't have to pay it!

admittedly i think descriptions can be hyping to the point of lying (usually trying not to admit something is a one-tracker), but it's not like they are trying to pass off reissues as originals or something.

direct the anger at the bad site, SICKALLCAPSRARE descriptions, and the people who buy the overpriced records!

i guess with the high dealer prices though, you can build up a relationship in some cases with a dealer who will then send other nice records your way, and you are paying for that service... don't know if that applies to Recordkingz or not, guess it must do to an extent, since he seems to have good relationships with verious producers

Comment

I've bought about 3 libraries of him in the past at different times and not one of em went for any less on ebay nor could i find em any cheaper on GEMM or similar websites......so i've never felt i paid too much in terms of dealer prices......but all of the ones i've bought from him were in proper mint condition! ..

still the majority of his stuff is pricey but the site is probably best for a reference point for some serious records i think! .....if you have the time to navigate your way through it that is
      "Its not punishment they need, Its gunishment"

Comment

And they've just reduced the number of clicks needed to get to the records - fair play to them.

Plus they've added a player for all their mp3's so it look's like they're playing to their strengths. And a forum!
        Last edited by Rich Hero; 08-06-2005, 05:02 PM.
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Nice narrative to that linked thread back there: starts off in true Soul Strut style: people whinging and 'hating', quick lash out at the Brits etc. Then a logical argument begins to form, as in: if you don't like the prices, don't shop there and it's professional dealers like those guys who discover the 'heat' you all clammer like headless chickens for in the first place... Then it degenerates into an epilogue of enourmous quotes of blank screen that end in "baller" or something - again in fine Soul Strut tradition. Classic!
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

But it's missing a sequence where Trouble accuses Dante of stealing records and we get accused of ripping off the American nation by way of reply...
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Thats the first post Ive made on soulstrut in about 2 years!

Amazing.

Still a fun site to dip into once a month for a 'reality check'.

Nice little to and fro between belson and soulfriere. Im with you Greg. Fela is on fire but droppin on a dancefloor? Not the fela I have anyways. I played afrodisiac it in the big chill bar and had two people ask what it was. Lovely 10 minute jam on there. Meant I could eat my chips in peace.

PS do we have any strutters left here apart from maybe motown?
              Last edited by sermad; 08-06-2005, 06:10 PM.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I must remember to introduce this line into my vocabulary: Fix your skirt, poptart.
                new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                  Thats the first post Ive made on soulstrut in about 2 years!

Amazing.

Still a fun site to dip into once a month for a 'reality check'.

Nice little to and fro between belson and soulfriere. Im with you Greg. Fela is on fire but droppin on a dancefloor? Not the fela I have anyways. I played afrodisiac it in the big chill bar and had two people ask what it was. Lovely 10 minute jam on there. Meant I could eat my chips in peace.

PS do we have any strutters left here apart from maybe motown?
                  There's a more than a couple... the cultural gulf is wide though, so everyone entering enemy territory has to speak slowly and softly in order to not start a fight.

My tuppence:
                  VV is a support group for lads and ladettes celebrating their inner geek.
                  SS is a support group for nerds celebrating their inner 'G'

PEACE YO!
                  www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

Lol!!!

Originally posted by sport casual

Comment

Originally posted by sport casual
                      My tuppence:

Props my man - don't 'son' me else I'll jpeg yo bad raer arse outtahere ! 'erb!

...or something ?

Comment

Working...
                      X