Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drums! Drums! Drums! - Tony Crombie

Hi Vultures,

I recently picked up an lp by Tony Crombie. Its on the Top Rank label as part of their Teenage series. Its not a bad find if you dig 50's big beat stuff. Were there any others in this Teenage series?
    Who is Tony Crombie? Sounds somewhat familiar to me, perhaps a library lad??

Cheers,

David S.
    God bless Fatso.

Yes, the name's familiar - didn't he play drums with Alan Haven? I think he may have been in the Robert Farnon orchestra too.

Now I think about it, I seem to recall he's done a couple of solo LPs, including one of film themes for Decca.

Is this Top Rank LP sort of Sandy Nelson-type stuff? Sounds interesting, anyway!

Comment

Very highly respected jazz and session drummer. Drummed with all the international jazz greats at Ronnie Scott's where (I think) he was in the house band.

Also played for years with Alan Haven on all his early stuff. Other VVers will know a load more about him I'm sure.
      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
        Is this Top Rank LP sort of Sandy Nelson-type stuff? Sounds interesting, anyway!
        Yes, Lord Thames, it is. But more like his late 50's sound than early 60's. Think, Teen Beat rather than Boss Beat.

David S.
        God bless Fatso.

Comment

Working...
        X