Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More

Hi
    Help me out here... for our Swedish paper-zine we were planning to review as many versions of Riz Ortolani's theme from Mondo Cane (More) as possible. I know I have several versions of it - right now I can think of Gary McFarland from the Soft Bossa LP, Kai Winding from the More album and Ugella and the Viking Pops Orchestra version. I know I have a version by some famous guitarist (Tony Mottola?) and I know James Last and probably Frank Valdor made versions of it.
    Could you please name all the artists and releases you know has More on it here so we can start researching?
    If VV is interested - in time I could translate the article to English too...
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Marvin Gaye on his last album 'Romantically Yours' LP from 1985.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

don't know the albums but these have all recorded it:

Supremes
      Duane Eddy
      The Challengers (Surf band version)
      Frank Sinatra (and of course Harry Connick Jr)
      Jack Nitzsche (I think on Lonely Surfer)
      Nat King Cole
      Andy Williams
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Just found a weird version that was used on the BBC Scotland test card in the 70s - it's a sort of military/tango arrangmenent with whistling that incorporates elements of 'I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman' too! It sounds like a German orchestra - anyone any ideas who dunnit? It's rather different from how Signor Ortolani envisaged it, anyway!

Comment

Working...
        X