Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the akward introduction

Hello all,
    this Slamcreeper (aka Craig from Edinburgh) saying hello to everybody on the site. Met up with a few of you at the vinyl vultures shindig in Edinburgh but unfortunately couldn't get down to Newcastle. Looking to tap into your well of knowledge and ask about the New London R&B Band. Is the track 'Soul stream' on Soul Cookin' album? was it a 45? and is it a case of selling body organs in order to pick it up? Any pointers much appreciated
    cheers
    slam creeper

Hello! Welcome to the forum.

Edin-burgh was ace. Lovely city.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Aye aye, Hello from Edinburgh too, welcome.
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Hi Craig - Lee here - welcome along! I did give you a ring about that LP but you were out - there was a thread about this LP a while back:

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...ht=soul+stream

As for price - nae idea as I got mine in a trade but if you did find one for $30 I'd say go for it!

So you liked the Slam Creepers track too?

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
          Aye aye, Hello from Edinburgh too, welcome.
          Fuz - I think you two have met btw - Craig plays at Modern Lovers with Mr Divine.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Yeah, I remember having a conversation with Craig! For the first minute or two I thought I was talking to Mr Divine... but I was exceedingly drunk, or 'kiplinged' I believe the terminology to be...

I look forward to more conversations, promise to remember them this time...
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by slamcreeper
              Hello all, this Slamcreeper (aka Craig from Edinburgh)
              Ha! Even *I* was thinking "who's Craig from Edinburgh, wonder if Lee knows him..." - doh! Welcome aboard...
              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by slamcreeper
                Hello all,
                this Slamcreeper (aka Craig from Edinburgh) saying hello to everybody on the site. Met up with a few of you at the vinyl vultures shindig in Edinburgh but unfortunately couldn't get down to Newcastle. Looking to tap into your well of knowledge and ask about the New London R&B Band. Is the track 'Soul stream' on Soul Cookin' album? was it a 45? and is it a case of selling body organs in order to pick it up? Any pointers much appreciated
                cheers
                slam creeper
                Hello - as far as I know that track never made it to a 45. The whole LP is none to bad, maybe a tad over zealous with the echo chamber on a couple of the tracks, but some damn nice funkin' on a couple of 'em.

£15 - £25 (absolute top end) should guarantee you a copy.

NB my contribution for the ill-fated Black Cabs project came from this album !

Comment

I have the vaugest recollection that the LP does exist under several different names.... but that might be my memory playing tricks (and lack of coffee this morning).

Edit : Oh. Should have read the thread Lee posted first. Sigh....
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                    Hi Craig - Lee here - welcome along! I did give you a ring about that LP but you were out - there was a thread about this LP a while back:

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...ht=soul+stream

As for price - nae idea as I got mine in a trade but if you did find one for $30 I'd say go for it!

So you liked the Slam Creepers track too?

Alrightee Lee,
                    thanks for the replies of welcome from you and others. Yeh, The Slam Creeprs a beauty, 'i laughed till i cried,' a deft use of irony not normally found in the canon of pop. Done a bit of searching and found out they're Swedish so said to a few friends to look out for it over there. Do you know if they were big at the time?
                    cheers
                    Craig

Comment

Hmm Slam Creepers weren´t that famous but not super obscure either. I think their singles fetch from around 10£ to 30£ (not an expert)

Welcome aboard!

"I laughed til i cried" (in Swedish - "Jag skrattade tills jag grät") is a swedish saying, guess you don´t use that one in the UK right?
                      rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Cheer for that wickerman. And there was me thinking the lyricist was being dead clever, but instead he was being a slack arse and ripping off mundane and everyday phrases.... still, the song's great though
                        Slam creeper

Comment

Working...
                        X