Latino funk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latino funk

you wanna ask the vulture boys about americo bellotto 'remember the name' circle of sound f*ckin awesome latino funk lp.

the above is a quote from a mate of mine who had a particulary good days diggin in charity shops today, the above lp being one of his finds, anyone know this lp?, i seem to remember a 'circle of sound' thread a week or 2 back.

he also picked up melvin van peebles - what the f*ck you mean i can't sing, why do i never find things like this.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Hmmm... the Americo Bellotto LP.... "wicked latino funk"

This is as difficult to find as the other big Circle Of Sound LP's (Certain Lions & Tigers... and dare I say... Moody), but they do show up from time to time. Always sells well on eBay and has featured on dealers lists (the first I remember was Ollie Casbah) for a number of years now.

I've got a nice little story about this LP. I won it on eBay back in 2000 for 6 quid from a UK-based seller. EX condition, arrived in a couple of days, no probs....

Then...

The seller contacted me 18-months later (18 MONTHS) and asks if he can buy it back ! Oooh, cheeky ! on yer bike!

Anyway, back to the album... I dunno if it is "wicked funk" as I personally don't think there's a solid single track on it... don't get me wrong, there are some absolutely smashing snippets on it, but a whole solid track ?.... what do the other Vultures think ?...

... either way, it's still a great find. I'd like to find one in a charity shop. I've never seen one in a charity shop in any kind of condition.

And the M.V.Peebles LP - yeah I too got that at a booter. Nice break on "Come On Write Me" ... nice !
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Hmmmm, i tracked this LP of Sie's and i have to agree, theres some fantastic moments but no full rippers - kind of reminds me of one of those Herbolzheimer suites where you get snatches of brilliance and then 3 minutes of waiting for the next bit ! Chariots of the Gods also springs to mind (not in musical style but in arrangement.)

Still a good find and a good listener
      SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

nothing to do with the LP you're talking about but a mate of mine scored a copy of the gentle rain in a charity shop up in scotland recently. just goes to show they're out there.
        Endless Tripe

Comment

going back to Certain Lions & Tigers - the silver sleeved one on BASF is the og of these isnt it.

Is it very expensive?
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ 26 June 2003,10:34)]going back to Certain Lions &amp; Tigers - the silver sleeved one on BASF is the og of these isnt it.

Is it very expensive?
            he sermad, we saw one in london last time

I mostly see them for 60 / 75 euro..

Comment

I know mate thats why I asked...

Back to the thread....Shall we do a cos discography?

Ive got about four + the sampler which lists a lot on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ 26 June 2003,11:02)]I know mate thats why I asked...
                sorry just wanted too help

Comment

Don&#39;t be sorry bud...found any placebo lp&#39;s for me recently...hey are you going to paris anytime soon?

I fancy a few days over there...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ 26 June 2003,11:17)]Don&#39;t be sorry bud...found any placebo lp&#39;s for me recently...hey are you going to paris anytime soon?

I fancy a few days over there...
                    no placebo&#39;s serm do you have any moody&#39;s ....

Yes sermad I am going to paris don&#39;t have the dates yet.

when are you planning to go ?

Comment

re pokester - I&#39;ll mail you about pareee.

Moodys? Sure I have a box of them given to me when I met Nick Ingman the other week.

Nice guy

Comment

I got that Bellotto LP at a booter a while back - I really like it - there&#39;s one track which I play a lot, it&#39;s the second or third on side one. As for the rest I agree that you are cocking an ear for the patches of groove.

The same week I found my copy Professor Plastic found one in a charity which he offered to me for a tidy sum&#33;

Where in Scotland was that Moody found? - better not have been on my patch

Sermad - I reckon a COS discog could be very useful - I have a few if you need a hand.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ 26 June 2003,12:43)]Where in Scotland was that Moody found? - better not have been on my patch  
                          he did tell me, but it wasn&#39;t the name of a place i recognised plus I&#39;d had a few and now I can&#39;t remember. somewhere off the beaten track by the sounds of it....
                          Endless Tripe

Comment

Columbo tracked it down to here...

Comment

Two mythical creatures in one pic&#33;

I&#39;m actually off up north next week so fingers crossed&#33;
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                              X