Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An early l.a. mrning can get you this

This is what keeping your sunday morning open will get ya'

Archie Bell & The Drells "Tighten Up" (Atlantic)

Soul Rebellion Orchestra "Dolemite OST" (Generation International)

Roland Haynes "2nd Wave" (Black Jazz) - My favorite Black Jazz LP I've heard so far.

One Speed Bike "Droopy Butt Begone" (Constelation) GYBE related project with just a drummer and a sampler. and your average Godspeed messages about the government being fucked up.

Womb "S/T" (Dot) I do beleive this is PsychjazzBreakbeatRarenotsofast

Lou Rawls "Your Good Thing" (Capitol) - I know no one out there is going to care about this LP, but I have never seen or heard of this axelrod production before. I thought I had seen every Lou Rawls known to man, and all of a sudden this pops up.

Isis "S/T" (Buddah)

Shirley Scott "Lean On Me" (Cadet)

Edwin Starr "Hell Up In Harlem OST" (Motown) - Finally

Reverberi "Timer" (PAUSA)

Boogaloo Joe Jones "Right On Brother" (Prestige)

Backdoor "S/T" (WB) - I always heard about the cut "Slivadiv" I wasn't to impressed but any band with only a drummer sax, and electric bass gets my attention.

Mount Rushmore "'69" (Dot) - This is a very Josh LP

Bunny Sigler "Keep Smilin'" (Philadelphia Int.) - one of those records you always pass up, I'm glad I finally got a copy.

L.T.D. "S/T" (A&M) - this is the one from them I never see, has some real raw pen drum on "Watcha Wanna Do"

Moms Mabley "Abraham, Martin, And John" (Mercury) - Why was this albm made. Its Moms really singing hit songs of the day. The only thing that made me get this was her rendition of "It's Your Thing"

Randy Pie "S/T" (Polydor) - Trade/Double

Jack Ashford "Hotel Sheet" (Magic Disc) Trade/Double

Oscar Peterson Quartet "Night Child" (Pablo) - Thanks to BusCrates for hipping me to this.

Idi Amin Collected Broadcasts of..." (Xtra)

Terry Callier "Fire on Ice" (Elektra)

Peanut Butter Conspiracy "...Is Spreading" (Columbia)

John Davis & Monster Orchestra "Up Jumped The Devil" (SAM) Trade/Double

That Boogaloo Joe Jones on Prestige is his best record.
    "The Psychedelic Soul and "More Psychedelic Soul" Boogaloo Joe Jones LP's are horrible, in case you didn't know, but "Right On Brother" is the man's bomb

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Jack @ 29 June 2003,15:44)]That Boogaloo Joe Jones on Prestige is his best record.
      "The Psychedelic Soul and "More Psychedelic Soul" Boogaloo Joe Jones LP's are horrible, in case you didn't know, but "Right On Brother" is the man's bomb

Jack
      I have seen the Boogaloo jones "psychadelic soul" album before at astronimical prices. I've always wanted to hear it. But until one falls into my lap at a pretty cheap price (like the "Right on Brother" LP did) then I'll just have to use your words as a warning. One thing I can say is the LP I bought today is better than his "Snake Rhythm Rock" LP.

Comment

Wow, nice finds Guzzo ! Green......................
        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (the funky guzzo @ 29 June 2003,23:12)]Peanut Butter Conspiracy "...Is Spreading" (Columbia)
          nice to see someone else mentioning this record - i've loved it for quite some time now. "it's a happening thing" is a great spring / summer song, in a sublime, suitably soft-psych way.

yes, nice finds guzzo!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (the funky guzzo @ 30 June 2003,09:03)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Jack @ 29 June 2003,15:44)]That Boogaloo Joe Jones on Prestige is his best record.

Jack
            I have seen the Boogaloo jones "psychadelic soul" album before at astronimical prices. I've always wanted to hear it. But until one falls into my lap at a pretty cheap price (like the "Right on Brother" LP did) then I'll just have to use your words as a warning. One thing I can say is the LP I bought today is better than his "Snake Rhythm Rock" LP.
            the funky guzzo[/quote]

"Right On Brother" is hands down his best LP.
            There is no other BJJ LP as great as that 1.
            Snake Rhythm Rocks fails in comparison to that 1
            and there is nothing "psychedelic" whatsoever about those
            2 "psychedelic soul" BJJ LP's. There are both on 1 CD, if you can find a used copy to JUST LISTEN TO so you can hear them.

It was a monstrous disappointment for me to hear them both.
            Right On Brother from 1969/1970 Prestige was my 1st introduction to Joe Jones and there there is another great LP
            by him, the titles escapes me at te moment, it still isn't as great as his 1st LP, which is the 1 you have, which I SCORED NM for

So, TURN IT UP !

Jack

Comment

I SCORED NM for $10

Comment

Working...
              X