Radio Tip Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post
    Ah, the tune I've been looking for that I mentioned above is at 1'54"40 on the Mixcloud show above -anyone got any ideas as to what it is?
    Don't know that one Lord T. but as you said above, it does sound like a soundtrack piece...
    Last edited by SirSlim; 26-04-2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

More from Unlicensed Radio Tip Top - this time it's "the tip top tape"

Obtained via "the Back Building, Curtain Road" back in 1993 - it arrived sans tracklist with a polaroid doubling up as inlay card:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1050835
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1050836

https://www.mixcloud.com/edgar_walla...pe-volume-one/

Playing this again reminds me that I still don't know what half these tracks are, there are tracks from OSTs: "the girl from uncle", "don't make waves", "more music from man from uncle", there is also the Smiths Crisps flexi...

I searched online for a tracklist but couldn't find one.

Please chip in and name that track if you can - for example what is that male scat vocal cut towards end of side 2?

There was talk at the time of a volume 2 appearing - but I don't have it? Did it get issued? Does someone have it?

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

OK - so it's taken me a long time to get round to doing this - but here is an almost complete recording of an Unlicensed Radio Tip Top show from September 1993. Enjoy.

https://www.mixcloud.com/edgar_walla...tip-show-1993/
        Just uploaded another one of my tapes of Unlicensed Radio Tip Top - almost a complete show from series 2 circa 1994 (and a snippet of one other) - features some of the characters new to the second series such as The Bowling Queens & Boy Racer Triton. Go go!

https://www.mixcloud.com/edgar_walla...excerpts-1994/

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          More from Unlicensed Radio Tip Top - this time it's "the tip top tape"

Please chip in and name that track if you can - for example what is that male scat vocal cut towards end of side 2?
          Totally missed this the first time round! The first two tracks are 'Sinful' by the Zack Laurence Orchestra, and 'Mexican Flyer' by Ken Woodman's Piccadilly Brass - also in there are 'Hold Up' by Andre Brasseur, 'Crack Shot (theme from The Gold Robbers)' by Max Harris, 'Studio 17 (Little Joker)' by Andre Brasseur, 'Cheat And Lie' by Ken Woodman, 'Mississippi Delta' by Zack Laurence, and right at the end, 'Bali Hai' by the Laurie Johnson Orchestra.

No idea about the scat vocal one, sadly, but I seem to recall they used bits of it (or another track by the same band) as part of one of their jingles on Radio One.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post

Totally missed this the first time round! The first two tracks are 'Sinful' by the Zack Laurence Orchestra, and 'Mexican Flyer' by Ken Woodman's Piccadilly Brass - also in there are 'Hold Up' by Andre Brasseur, 'Crack Shot (theme from The Gold Robbers)' by Max Harris, 'Studio 17 (Little Joker)' by Andre Brasseur, 'Cheat And Lie' by Ken Woodman, 'Mississippi Delta' by Zack Laurence, and right at the end, 'Bali Hai' by the Laurie Johnson Orchestra.

No idea about the scat vocal one, sadly, but I seem to recall they used bits of it (or another track by the same band) as part of one of their jingles on Radio One.
            Thanks for the idents Lord T, much appreciated.

Think I may have Andre Brasseur "hold up" somewhere - will take a look.

So it's Laurie Johnson eh? I should have recognised those stylistic flourishes , another 27 year old mystery solved - now to find one!

Comment

Working...
            X