Pete moore orchestra"exciting sounds"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete moore orchestra"exciting sounds"

picked up the pete moore orchestra "exciting sounds of tomorrow" for 50p yesterday....i'm sure "natalie" and "catwalk" have both been sampled (probably on something blindingly obvious),but can't think where i've heard them before?

can anybody point me in the right direction,it's really bugging me...

Natalie was sample by Tarwater on a track called Watersample i think, and very good it was too!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ 03 July 2003,11:30)]Natalie was sample by Tarwater on a track called Watersample i think, and very good it was too!
      have been meaning to check out tarwater for a while actually,don't think i've heard that...will have to look out for it...cheers!
      now can anyone help with the "catwalk"?!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Natalie was sample by Tarwater on a track called "Watersample" i think, and very good it was too!
        ...certainly was !! You thought correct, Maestro...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Anyone got an mp3 of catwalk? I saw this blummin lp for a tenner about a two year's back and scoffed at the price....thinking well one will turn up for pence...did it hell!!

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Sermad - i think &#39;Catwalk&#39; is on the Marble Arch Stereo &#39;69 compilation, although the track is missed off the listing on the back if i remember. i think it has a black cover, white writing, and some brass instruments in the middle.

as for it sounding familiar - it was on at least one easy listening compilation back during the mid 90s, and consequently probably cropped up as music in tv programmes

Comment

&#39;Catwalk&#39; is on the Karminskys&#39; &#39;In Flight Entertainment&#39; comp.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ 03 July 2003,12:49)]Anyone got an mp3 of catwalk? I saw this blummin lp for a tenner about a two year&#39;s back and scoffed at the price....thinking well one will turn up for pence...did it hell&#33;&#33;

You surprise me, Sermad - I see cheapo copies of &#39;Exciting Sounds Of Tomorrow&#39; quite a lot. If you want one, I&#39;ll look out for one&#33;
                There are two versions - one on Rediffusion with a nice lunar landscape cover, and another one on Fontana with a blonde lady with a big necklace on the front. Musically they&#39;re indentical though.

Comment

Sermad...
                  Might have a spare of the Pete Moore LP, if not, it does show up &#39;round here now &amp; again &amp; I&#39;ll let you know. Sold one recently for aprox a tenner but when I get it you can have for a fiver, that&#39;s if the nice chap above don&#39;t get one 1st.
                  boney
                  You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

cheers guys&#33; I think a certain Hero might help me first - but all your offers are gratefully received&#33;

I can&#39;t speak for everyone in London but stocks of vinylvulture type records - studio2&#39;s, mfp&#39;s, contours etc have all dried up&#33; Its really really depressing.

My local (massive massive) oxfam has now shut so Ive got no local charities to hit. Bootsales in London area have been AWFUL this year too.

I think thats why I spend a lot of time digging in Europe - You seem to get masses more for your time and money these days.
                    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

yeah, but the music&#39;s all sung in foreign over there&#33;

Comment

I kinda know where youre commin&#39; from serm&#39; although i did check out a small record fair at the wimbledon stadium dog race track about a week back, there were quite a few stalls but only about 30 punters in the gaff&#33; and most of them were 50 something trad jazz buffs. I managed to score some good bargains-
                        John Schroeder-&#39;latin vibrations&#39; and &#39;Piano vibrations&#39; for 2 quid each (seen these go for stooopid prices on dealer lists)
                        a sealed copy of Ella&#39;s MPS &#39;Watch what happens&#39; (the one with the Cream&#39;s &#39;Sunhine of your love&#39; on) for three quid
                        the Ramsey Lewis trio&#39;s &#39;Upendo ni pamoja&#39; for a quid
                        Xylos inc &#39;Pretty percussion for the same and about half a dozen more for 25p each includin&#39; Dankworth&#39;s &#39;off duty&#39; platter, i only went out with about 15 sovs thinkin&#39; that i&#39;d get fook all for that from a london ish&#39; record fair, i was well chuffed&#33; the moral of the story, never underestimate the unexpected (if that kind of makes sense)
                        derelicts of dialect

Comment

i was wrong about &#39;Catwalk&#39; being on the Stereo 69 comp - it&#39;s Tony Hatch &#39;Birds&#39;, which was the theme for Eurofashion 68 (eh?) hence my confusion.

when will they start making memory sticks for humans? - could do with a few more Megabytes

Comment

Working...
                          X