Disco soul by the brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disco soul by the brothers

picked up and lp today by 'the brothers' called 'disco soul', most of it is ok covers of disco hits, but there's one track on it called 'fire' which is a great instrumental hammond funk track, with a couple of breaks, the writing credits are (williams, satchell, bonner, jones, middlebrooks, peirce, brooks), the lp is from 1975 and it's on RCA Starcall, anyone got this record or know who this track is by, or is it and orginal stuck on there like most leo muller records, and another thing, the sleeve is from the same photo shoot as moog style (contour), it's practically the same picture.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

It doesn't sound like it's the same group, but I have an album by The Brothers called Don't Stop Now. It's also on RCA (a subsidiary called Sunburn). It's produced by Warren Schatz. A couple of the tracks got played at The Loft a lot. Any similarities with your LP?
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

sounds like the same group to me, my lp is produced by warren schatz (for sunbar productions) as well, what style of music is your lp?

Comment

..i've always assumed that this lot were moonlighting mfsb / salsoul orch. types.

you should also check out the insanely groovy "are you ready for this" on US RCA 7" (anyone know whether this one made it onto an 12" or LP?)
        Endless Tripe

Comment

This is a version of the Ohio Players' classic 'Fire', and as per Happy Monster a very funky hammond version it is too. Bit of a shame that it's one of those 'mixed' LPs tho, difficult one for the dj set..
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

nice one vibra, i think i've got that o players lp, i'll have to dig it out.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 03 July 2003,20:05)]sounds like the same group to me, my lp is produced by warren schatz (for sunbar productions) as well, what style of music is your lp?
              It's disco, with souly, funky touches here and there. A lot of people really rate this album, or the couple of cuts that get played, but I'd say it was average.
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Working...
              X