No announcement yet.

Young generation heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Minelli and the Young Generation versions are remarkably similar - same tempo and extreme bongo action - if pushed I'd say Liza's version has the edge due to the little funky flute segment.
    As for the King Harvest version (I think it is the original as it would appear to have been written by two of the band - good LP by the way, on Perception I think) it's very mellow - much slower and comprises mainly of electric piano, bass, percussion and voice.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I've got their 'Happy Together' LP which features a highly enjoyable cover of Labi Siffre's 'It Must Be Love' that I bunged on my easy comp. The LP with 'Dancing In The Moonlight' regularly goes for £10-15 on the bay. I still haven't found a charidee shoppe copy yet though. But I will.

Comment

One of the Young Generation singers/dancers, Marie Beresford-Huey lives quite near me. Sadly, ain't got the time to conduct an interview for the vulture site, but if anyone's seriously interested in doing a feature with her let me know. She's also worked with Tom Jones, Tommy Steele and Bruce Forsyth, on the West end stage.
        ...so many LPs, so little time!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ 17 July 2003,19:08)]The LP with 'Dancing In The Moonlight' regularly goes for £10-15 on the bay. I still haven't found a charidee shoppe copy yet though.
          Blight, got a spare of this (ie the LP with 'Dancing In the Moonlight) if you want it. Shall I add it to our 'never to be completed' complex trade ?
          Matt Hero

Comment

Sounds good, Matt. I'm all up for some complexities. I'm sure we shall complete it soon.

Comment

Working...
            X