La horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La horse

Does anyone know where to get the reissue of La Horse from? It disappeared quicker than a pint at a Fresh Brillo meet!!

I really need one!!

** Scratch that - Juno might have got one. hurrah.

Oh yeah. Did anyone see the Jane Birkin - Arabesque concert on BBC 4. It was quite interesting viewing! What a wild looking lady.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

i&#39;m assuming you&#39;re referring to La Horse as recorded by Serge Gainsbourg? Couldn&#39;t tell ya but I&#39;d love to own it.

how many times do you think the drum break in that song has been sampled?

Comment

I think everyone would love to own it&#33;

Not sure of current value but £800-£1000 would be somewhere near the mark&#33;

Comment

I saw one 2 years ago belgian dealer at record fair sold it for 1100 euro

get the cd &quot;Cinema de Serge Gainsbourg&quot; on universal fr much cheaper....

nice movie

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (pokester @ 11 July 2003,10:34)]get the cd &quot;Cinema de Serge Gainsbourg&quot; on universal fr much cheaper....
          yeah,that&#39;s a dope compilation...i heard it got withdrawn though because of some problem licensing &quot;la horse&quot;...any one know what the deal is with this?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (the bearded one @ 11 July 2003,10:45)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (pokester @ 11 July 2003,10:34)]get the cd &quot;Cinema de Serge Gainsbourg&quot; on universal fr much cheaper....
            yeah,that&#39;s a dope compilation...i heard it got withdrawn though because of some problem licensing &quot;la horse&quot;...any one know what the deal is with this?
            Only in france (planman told me problems with rights for la horse)
            But still it can be found quite easy...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (pokester @ 11 July 2003,11:08)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (the bearded one @ 11 July 2003,10:45)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Only in france (planman told me problems with rights for la horse)
              But still it can be found quite easy...
              yeah i got one from dustygroove no problem...

Comment

babyT sold an original La Horse 45 for 750 quid a year or so back. i don&#39;t rate it that highly to be honest - le pacha is much better...
                http://www.blaxploitation.com
                Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

oh, and you can get the Gainsbourg Cinema comp from Amazon France for cheap still.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (theeman @ 11 July 2003,12:20)]babyT sold an original La Horse 45 for 750 quid a year or so back. i don&#39;t rate it that highly to be honest - le pacha is much better...
                    The pacha movie is also much better.

Still 750 £ for a record... (the problem is that in france there are so much gainsbourg collectors that these prices are getting stupid .)

Comment

Whats the flip to &#39;Le Pacha&#39; like? Requiem is fantastic...but is it worth it?

Not that Ive ever seen one for sale anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (sermad @ 11 July 2003,12:46)]Whats the flip to &#39;Le Pacha&#39; like? Requiem is fantastic...but is it worth it?

the &quot;b&quot; side is very good sort of a sitar track nice ..

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ 11 July 2003,12:46)]Whats the flip to &#39;Le Pacha&#39; like? Requiem is fantastic...but is it worth it?

it&#39;s called &quot;psychastenie&quot;...
                          it&#39;s the music underneath the gurkha grill advert on andy votel&#39;s &quot;music to watch girls cry&quot;...

Comment

yeah, it&#39;s almost as good as requiem.

talking of which, requiem was a massive hit in France at the time so these singles *do* turn up surprisingly often, despite what some people would have you believe. just don&#39;t keep asking the Paris-based guys&#33;

Comment

The original version of Requiem can be found on the B-Side of a god-awful remix from 91, probably to coincide with something like his millonth gitanne smoked or summut, anyhow it&#39;s a good way to pick it up for cheap like I did - I&#39;m no OG only whore...&#33;

You can one here in the 45 section... shitty styrene mind...
                              http://wakeupanddie.com
                              http://weirdgearnyc.com
                              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X