Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peter sundae
    replied
    Sermad if you want this L.P you'll have to E-mail your address to me.

Leave a comment:

• peter sundae
    replied
    Hi Sermad - the Stuart Gillies LP is sh*t, you're welcome to it if you want. Stuart Gillies was indeed the winner of Opportunity Knocks, however, I do feel that the door of opportunity should've remained firmly closed to a singer as awful as this (he sounds like Scott Walker gone badly wrong). Apologies Stuart if you're reading this.

PS - Drop me your address Sermad and I'll get the LP in the post to you.

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (peter sundae @ 16 July 2003,16:58)]Just thought if your researching that deeply on Nick Ingman,if you'd heard of this one"Stuart Gilles,All my love,Phillips 6308118,1972.all the tracks are arranged by Ingman.
    I don't want to cast aspersions on this record, because I haven't heard it. But I do remember Stuart Gillies (correct spelling, I think) well. He won Opportunity Knocks. He was a good, old-fashioned honest club singer who looked like a Forfar Athletic left back. Now, I know winning Opportunity Knocks has often been the opening door on to greatness for many people (Stan Boardman, Les Dennis, Bernie Clifton, Little & Large), but i'll be amazed if it's any cop. Feel free to prove me wrong.

BTW, I've got two Olivia Neutron-Bomb albums with Nick Ingman productions (and Alan Hawkshaw). They're utter shite, too.

Mind you, after hearing Vibra play the B-side to The Theme From Match Of The Day at Fresh Billo on Monday I now accept that anything might be possible.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Nope haven't seen that Stuart Gilles. A vinyl copy or a cd copy would be really helpful

I was well chuffed to get this. Has the nice track off the Ingman 'Jesus Christ' and one off the the power pac lp.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....95&rd=1

Leave a comment:

• peter sundae
    replied
    Just thought if your researching that deeply on Nick Ingman,if you'd heard of this one"Stuart Gilles,All my love,Phillips 6308118,1972.all the tracks are arranged by Ingman.

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ 12 July 2003,16:18)]Basically, it's not really worth spending too much money on, but if you see it very cheap (or get given it for free), and you haven't bought a record for two months (like me ) you might consider it.
    Sounds serious, Mr Thames: borderline deprivation starting to kick in, irritation with loved ones 'shakes' due to follow...

I'd better get that parcel mailed on Monday, Peppers and all...sounds like the only known cure...

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    As promised, here are the details -

Nick Ingman arranged three tracks on the LP (all the rest being by Alyn Ainsworth), namely:

Good Morning Heartache
    Spanish Eyes
    and Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, 'Good Morning Heartache' is the best of the three, with a nice, slightly funky electric piano riff, and some flute work, along with Vince's usual complement of brass and strings.

Basically, it's not really worth spending too much money on, but if you see it very cheap (or get given it for free), and you haven't bought a record for two months (like me ) you might consider it.

But then again, you might not.

That any use to you, Sermad?

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    Coo, Vince Hill 'eh sermad, a crooner and no mistake!, Actually
    some of his stuff's not too bad, i've got an lp 'merci Cheri' from '65 (a little early) that has arrabgements by Norrie Paramour and Ivor Raymonde and one number penned by John Schroeder, there are some almighty breakbeats on there and overall not too many slushy bits, yours if you want it mate gratis, just drop me a line.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    I think I know where I can get one - hang on a couple of days, and if I remember (and if it's there) I'll pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    started a topic Vince hill

Vince hill

Does anyone have this lp? VINCE HILL - The Other Side Of Me (EMI).

Im still researching stuff about Nick Ingman and I noticed he arranged some of it. Is it worth getting? It sounds a bit breezy...
Working...
X