God i love being on holiday part ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God i love being on holiday part ??

Finished work yesterday for seven and a half weeks so went digging in the charities today. Mainly found loads of doubles for the colection but one paricularly intersesting piece. Here Goes:

The Royal Teens - Newies But Oldies - Atracted by cool psychedelic sleeve, music disappoints however.

Dusty Springfield - A Girl Called Dusty - Nice mint copy of Dusty's first lp for Ebay.

Marrs - Pump up the Volume

The Do Re Mi Childrens Choir - Do Re Mi Fa Sol La - Still trying to find their lp with Spooky on, unfourtunately this dosn't!

Play School - Bang on a Drum

Liza Minelli - The Singer - Keep finding copies of this recently, Use Me is a great track.

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Look to the Sky + A Certain Mister - Loads of bossa niceness for hot summer days.

Geoff Love - Big Terror Themes - Three Days of the Condor has to be on of the funkiest things ever to come out of the UK.

Shirley Bassey - Something

Chico Arnez - New Sounds - Whole Lotta Love plus more.

Button Down Brass - This Guys in Love - Some talk of this recently on here for Hurdy Gurdy Man.

Pete Winslow - Lat Tango - One of the best versions of the title track.

Dickie Goodman - Mr Jaws - Odd lp of fake news stories interspersed with music, a kind of cut and paste I suppose? Track that caught my eye was Superfly Meets Shaft.

Pekka Pohjola - B the Magpie - Picked this lp up as the Finnish label Love is mentioned on the back and Sax player Eero Koivistoinen is on here. Loads of great tracks plus the sampl that Shadow used for Midnight in a Perfect World. Anyone know what this goes for??

That's it, see you guys on Monday at Brillo.

Yeah, that 'Superfly meets Shaft' track was recently comped on a Kung Fu inspired CD called 'Funk Fu' I think.
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

A copy of the Pekka Pahjola went on the bay a few weeks back for $100 approx.

Should be less than that, but clearly not if you bay it.

The Dickie Goodman is quite a nice score too - he put a couple of 45s out on the Rainy Wednesday label, which are worth looking out for too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Belson @ 14 July 2003,09:05)]The Dickie Goodman is quite a nice score too - he put a couple of 45s out on the Rainy Wednesday label, which are worth looking out for too.
        The Dickie Goodman and John & Ernest 45s were all put together by the same people. The A-sides are cut and paste comedy routines using recorded spoken word bits interspliced with bits from popular tunes from the times. The B-sides are funky instrumentals. In fact, there's a Goodman 45 and a John & Ernest 45 that have the same song on them, but with different names!

Anyway, the ones I have are

Dickie Goodman - Energy Crisis 74/Ruthie's Theme
        Dickie Goodman - Mr. President/Popularity

John & Ernest - Crossover/Soul President Number One
        John & Ernest - Super Fly Meets Shaft/Problems

All of them are on Rainy Wednesday.

All of these also use Soul & Funk tracks in the cut n pastes, but I've heard others that use Pop and Rock songs as well.
        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ 15 July 2003,02:25)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Belson @ 14 July 2003,09:05)]The Dickie Goodman is quite a nice score too - he put a couple of 45s out on the Rainy Wednesday label, which are worth looking out for too.
          The Dickie Goodman and John & Ernest 45s were all put together by the same people. The A-sides are cut and paste comedy routines using recorded spoken word bits interspliced with bits from popular tunes from the times. The B-sides are funky instrumentals. In fact, there's a Goodman 45 and a John & Ernest 45 that have the same song on them, but with different names!

Anyway, the ones I have are

Dickie Goodman - Energy Crisis 74/Ruthie's Theme
          Dickie Goodman - Mr. President/Popularity

John & Ernest - Crossover/Soul President Number One
          John & Ernest - Super Fly Meets Shaft/Problems

All of them are on Rainy Wednesday.

All of these also use Soul & Funk tracks in the cut n pastes, but I've heard others that use Pop and Rock songs as well.
          Steel, Jake & Jeff's 'Impeachment Story' (the flip side of Lou Toby & The Heavies 'Heavy Steppin&#39, and the Delegates 'Convention '72' (the flipside of 'Funky Butt&#39are both soul/funk 'break-in' records.
          Strangely enough, I think Dickie Goodman also had some 45's released on the latin label Cotique.

Comment

Working...
          X