Rediffusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rediffusion

Can anyone tell me if Rediffusion is a library label? Or did they perhaps release library material?

Thanks,
    David
    God bless Fatso.

it was the label of the Rediffusion media company. they did all sorts of stuff like radio, tv production (i think), and odd stuff like 'cable' radio in areas without electricity back in the 50s. they may have made library records, but the ones i've seen are 'normal' records

Comment

full story coming soon!!!

Comment

nice one, chris - i'd love to know more about rediffusion too. look forward to it!

Comment

did you get my message about the Ray Martin LP Wooly? if not, then i'd like a dabble!

Comment

chris - the messenger seems to be a bit of a hit and miss thing with me, i didn't get anything.

i was introduced to the ray martin lp by benicio a while back and have since found a spare - i'll mail you.

Comment

anyone else got the "big sound at butlins" lp on rediffusion? it looks deeply unpromising but its got an absolute KILLER on it.
              Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (son of stan @ 16 July 2003,15:53)]anyone else got the "big sound at butlins" lp on rediffusion? it looks deeply unpromising but its got an absolute KILLER on it.
                Missed this thread.

Is that by Val Merrell, or something like that?

It was mentioned in Record Collector in the 90's when they had an easy column.

I've seen it in charities since then but it's always battered, so I've never picked it up yet.
                He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ 16 July 2003,18:11)]Is that by Val Merrell, or something like that?

I've seen it in charities since then but it's always battered, so I've never picked it up yet.
                  That's it. I think it was that RC article that hipped me to it, too.

The track is called "Flash". It reminds me a bit of records like boris gardner "melting pot", apatchi band "issmak" and "sierra do mar" off the amazonias lp. Starts with a funky drum beat a bit like a slightly speeded up "jungle fever".

It doesn't seem to turn up all that often - I'd take a chance on a battered copy if i were you
                  Endless Tripe

Comment

Back in April I charted a Rediffusion LP that looks like this:

...pretty library-ish looking eh? I look forward to reading the full expose.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (son of stan @ 16 July 2003,15:53)]anyone else got the "big sound at butlins" lp on rediffusion? it looks deeply unpromising but its got an absolute KILLER on it.
                      I bid on this one on the bay a couple of years ago - all seemed fine and then got into a stupid bidding war on the last day (back in the days before I knew about sniping) and the price got up to about £25 so I (very sensibly, I thought) dropped out. Turned out the guy who won it wasn't interested in records at all, but he was a big collector of Butlin's memorabilia - badges, crockery, redcoat's jackets, advertising material...if not for him (the only other bidder) I'd have had it for 50p. curse other people and their even less comprehensible collecting habits....
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

hi there.. formigo is that the one featuring keith roberts & pete moore brass rock..or the one with sam sklair's afro mod &
                        pete moore combo with the killer track {the drifters}

as for val merrall anyone got this one it's got a great version of the pink panther theme and the totally amazing funky version of uptight plus a few others.....love it
                        ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

Comment

sorry the val album is called
                          val merrall orch&singers..butlins favourites
                          ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

Comment

I have my suspicions that album Formigo's got is a sampler for their supermarket muzak side of business - but I might be wrong.

By the way, I've got a 1982 edition of 'Omnibus' on tape which looks at the work of Muzak and Rediffusion (with some amusing footage of a recording session) if that's of any interest.

Comment

Hey! i've got this really shit lp called 'Silhouettes of success' by the 'Howard Blaikley Orchestra' on, it says 'ere, Reddifusion international music with a big RIM (don't laugh at the back there&#33 logo on it what the fook who were RIM? how much was a RIM back in the day? was i lucky to get me hands on a RIM? (christ i could have bloody hours of fun with this&#33 Right get a grip... Lord Thames? any theories?. Anyway the music is a kind of crappy orchestral greek themed nightmare that comes apparently from the mighty pens of the gents that wrote the songs for (and i use the word 'songs' in it's loosest form) behind the sixties pop behometh that was, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch-ARRRGH-SHITE! if anyone wants this lp (please) and can find suitable fookin' accomodation fer it, drop me a line otherwise the bastard get's it! sorry to deviate from the topic somewhat, as i refer to the question i originally raised.
                              derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                              X