Life - cat's eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life - cat's eye

Splendid record you played the other night. I just found out it's written and produced by Peter Shelley. Is this the same Peter Shelley who had hits with Love Me Love My Dog and Gee Baby? The very same Peter Shelley who penned the immortal My Coo Ca Choo by Alvin Stardust ("coo, coo, I just want you, I really love the things that you, come on and love me too, oh won't you be my coo ca choo&quot? We need to be told!
    http://www.djhistory.com

and perhaps the same Peter Shelley who did the Dum Dum LP with John Fiddy?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ 17 July 2003,11:32)]and perhaps the same Peter Shelley who did the Dum Dum LP with John Fiddy?
      Well, since Life came out in 73, just a year after Dum Dum and on the same label, Philips, I suspect it may well be. The net is tightening.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ 17 July 2003,11:40)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ 17 July 2003,11:32)]and perhaps the same Peter Shelley who did the Dum Dum LP with John Fiddy?
        Well, since Life came out in 73, just a year after Dum Dum and on the same label, Philips, I suspect it may well be. The net is tightening.
        'Tis certainly the very same fella, as the B side, the upliftingly-titled 'Death In The Family', is actually jointly penned with Sir John of Fiddy (it's a pretty nice mellow instrumental too).

Really need to get that Dum Dum LP in my life someday..
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

there's a Dum Dum 45 too-both tracks off the LP...scored it for 2 quid off the 'bay last week! yesssss!

Comment

My mum used to have a signed Pete Shelley 'Gee Baby' LP...can't recall ever nabbing that one for a listen, though.
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
            X