Les tres femmes 'what's a matter baby'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les tres femmes 'what's a matter baby'

One of my 45 sleeves originally housed this record and in brackets it says 'Good midtempo, strong vocals'. I've never heard it and I've always been intrigued to know what it sounds like so can anyone let me know. I'm very much into strong female vocals.

I think this is the one of Phil. L.A. Soul.

Label with a bit of pedigree of putting out the occasional funk belter. 'You just got be a man' et al.

I could be wrong but I think Cheeba may have this tastey morsel.

Cheebs?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Belson @ 18 July 2003,12:58)]I think this is the one of Phil. L.A. Soul.

Label with a bit of pedigree of putting out the occasional funk belter. 'You just got be a man' et al.

I could be wrong but I think Cheeba may have this tastey morsel.

Cheebs?
      I am aware of a version (or the original?) of "What's a Matter Baby" by Timi Yuro - which is a classic soul cut.

I'm not familar with the aforementioned version though, m'lud!

Comment

There is also the pretty poor version by L.J. Reynolds & Chocolate Syrup.
        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Cheers for the info guys. I managed to track down a tiny audio clip of the Timi Yuro version which as me hankering for the Le Tres Femmes version.

Comment

Found a copy on the bay with audio. Way too crackly for me but it sounds v. nice. As does the b-side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=45539

Comment

Working...
            X