Todays carboot finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays carboot finds

is it me or is there a general increase in the popularity of secondhand vinyl, pratically every box of records i went to at todays booter, had someone all ready diggin through it, youngsters, old guys, some guy wanting records to play at a charity disco, what's causing this, a few years ago no one was interested in vinyl, anyone got any ideas?

todays finds:

sight & sound (fragment of fear)
    5th dimension - earthbound
    jumbo sterling allstars - reggae party (marble arch)
    various - reggae party with... (mfp)
    bobbs - salute to abba (stereo gold award)
    mike timoney - astounding sound of the cordovox
    disco drums - 24 non stop disco hits (sure this sold for a lot of money on ebay once)
    eric winstone - supersonic sounds (shaft)
    various - brunswick the strongest sound around (great track by willie henderson called 'off into a black thing)
    eleventh house - introducing... (great funk prog)
    george mc crae - rock your baby
    fisherfolk - sound of living waters (described in a dealer list as a cross between medieval babes and the wickerman, what a load of bollocks, glad i didn't pay the £25 asking price.)
    enoch light - hit movie themes
    jose feliciano - the voice and guitar of...
    jose feliciano - a bag full of soul
    pedro martinez - latin carnival (stereo gold award)
    magic roundabout presents dougal and the blue cat (mfp)
    johnny howard band - dance craze (contour, 2 great funky tracks)
    johhny bristol - hang on in there
    ipi tombi - s/t
    ronnie aldrich - tomorrows yesterdays
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

johnny howard dance craze is a double, anyone want it, chris or sie, maybe for the labels of love ( i don't think its all ready on there)

Comment

just played the johnny howard again, someone really should snap this one up from me, it's great esp the track 'dance the kung fu' it's a 'blaxpliation' kinda track with wah wah, the other track is the 'bump' funk glamrock with saxophone and fuzz guitar, christ i'm starting to sound like certain ebay sellers.it really should have a place on the VV SITE.

Comment

Right you are. That does it for me. Please add it to my list. Did you get my trades list, and was it any interest (or do I have to rifle through my shelf for yodelling records?)
        It ain't shakey

Comment

i sent you a message via the PM, oh well, you obviously didn't get it, i'll have the bert k shaft, also who does shaft on the instrumental magic & what's the galt mc/derek griffith lp like?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 20 July 2003,16:01)]is it me or is there a general increase in the popularity of secondhand vinyl, pratically every box of records i went to at todays booter, had someone all ready diggin through it, youngsters, old guys, some guy wanting records to play at a charity disco, what's causing this, a few years ago no one was interested in vinyl, anyone got any ideas?
            anyone got any views on this?

Comment

Working...
            X