Booting manners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booting manners

this year's been pretty good all in all for records from boot fairs, but i've experienced a couple of examples of really out-of-order behaviour this year and it seems to be getting worse:

- picked a bunch of kiddie 45s for samples from a massive box of 45s and slipped 'em to the front while i looked through the stuff at the back. the seller proceeded to say 'don't mind if i do', leaned right over and pushed me out of the way, and pulled them out of the box! wouldn't sell them.

- a seller recently showed me a list of stuff he hadn't bought with him. he asked if there was anything i wanted. i picked a couple of items out and he said he'd bring them down the next week and keep them on one side. this booter is way out of my way so i make a special journey down the next week, pressed for time, find the guy, only to see someone buying the very same records i asked the seller to bring - and he'd put the price up a lot too.

while really i'm not that bothered about either incident, it seems to be indicative of a wider take-the-piss attitude at these fairs. along with a couple of fights at booters i've attended this year, it seems like mass media exposure and the quick-buck culture is making the law of the vinyl jungle prevail.

whatcha reckon? is this bollocks?
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

All sounds about right to me mate ! The whole "Car boot" culture has changed over the past few years IMO. They were never about getting maximum coinage for your household rubbish, they were just about getting rid of as much of the crap you had with you, as quick and as easy as possible.

Doing the rounds of the North East booters it doesn't take a genius to realise that the majority of the sellers do them all with the same old shite, day in week out.

Also having watched Car boot challenge for the first time yesterday (what a fookin' joke that is ! Like how often do ya see complete kitch 60's dining sets etc ?) that ain't going to do any of us any favours !
    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Thatcherism + dread fear of someone getting one up on you  = death of manners in all spheres of life

Record Collecting + Ebay = symptoms

And now I sound like a leftie version of my Gran after she's been queue jumped at the Post Office  

a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (theeman @ 21 July 2003,14:33)]while really i'm not that bothered about either incident, it seems to be indicative of a wider take-the-piss attitude at these fairs. along with a couple of fights at booters i've attended this year, it seems like mass media exposure and the quick-buck culture is making the law of the vinyl jungle prevail.
        Tell us about the fights!

So I guess a few stealth tactics may be in order here then... like pulling out a bunch of junk, feigning interest etc... plus some brass knucks!
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

luckily not over records. plenty of scrapping over clothes bizarrely (one decent cat-fight&#33, and a few 'oi i saw that first' moments that got a bit heated.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Aye, fookin' blaggards some people (heh heh),
            i have found that when some of my fellow diggers get a bit fookin' canny like, 'an start gettin' a bit fookin' frisky, a well placed fookin' elbow to the guts works a fookin' treat ( now i'm not reccomendin' that everyone starts duffin' each other fookin' oop at booters), but some bastards are just plain rude, 'an therefore deserve a fookin' dig!, i'm not a small lad an consider mesel' capable 'o' handlin' some situations'an i apply this fookin' street science occasionally. like a couple of weeks ago some fat bastard stoolpidgeon who 'appen to have the temerity to fookin' shove me out of a box of vinyl at a booter, unfortunately for this fookin butterball (4o ish fookin' pony tail, fookin great beer belly, lookin like Gerry Garcia from the fookin' greatfull fookin' Dead, you know the type) he recieved the full fookin' elbow reet in't solar fookin' plexus ( of course me disguisin' it to make it look totally innocent), at which piont the fooker almost fell over the fookin' table into the back of the startled sellers fookin' car boot, needless to say i turned round, smiled sweetly, lookin' kinda fookin' concerned 'an nonchalant at the same fookin time 'an said "you o.k fella?"
            at which piont the fooker was so winded/shocked/startled/disarmed by me fookin' charmin' nature.
            he fookin made like a fookin' log 'an split!.
            now like i say i do not condone this kind of thing, 'an in no way wish to be fookin' responsible for a rash of fookin booter beatin's, but hell!, the ruder the person the fookin' angrier i tend to get!, Knowarrramean!!
            derelicts of dialect

Comment

I think we've found the boards Irvine Welsh!

How do the members understand your posts Mr Munday?

I think we are going to have to provide translations
              He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Wahey! ta Hade, altho' i'd like to think of mesel' as a cross between John Lydon 'an Jimmy fookin' Tarbuck, surrounded by Cameron Diaz lookalikes (altho' in me dreams they always tend to look like Cilla fookin' Black!!! BLEURGHHHH!&#33
                AS for translations i think this is not required, just add the words fook/fookin' every other cuople of words and you' halfway there anyway!, and famously our Transatlantic cousins have NEVER understood our finely tuned sense of irony, am i right??? FOOOKIN COMPLETE SET 'O' BASTARDS
                UUURRRGHHHHHH!!!!!
                derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ 21 July 2003,22:58)]FOOOKIN COMPLETE SET 'O' BASTARDS
                  UUURRRGHHHHHH!!!!!
                  I take it you watch 'Bo Selecta' then Mundayschild? Well, I've got one thing  to say -

Charmone Motherf**ker!

Comment

Let's get rid of david dickison

Comment

Ack it's just that the jumble sales have got so shit now and all the old biddies have moved in on the booter turf. THAT's where the sharp elbow move really comes from.
                      And that smell of urine... do you really think it's an accident?

Comment

Mr Van Otterloo sir, i must refer you to my mate 'an fellow board member Towny (hiya mate&#33 for 'twas he who first coined the quite beautifull and sensuous phrase "the complete set of fookin' bastards!!!" as you will see if you read some earlier threads.I am sure he will forive me for using his catchphrase, as and when the fookin' occasion demands it.In answer to your statement,
                        Yes i have seen fookin' 'Bo Selecta' or whatever it's called, a couple 'o' times, but do not find it fookin' hystericaly amusin' in any way, the fact that i use the phrase 'Bo Selecta' comes from the record of the same name, you know, "Re, Rewind and the crowd say bo selecta" 'an no, i can't 'do' the fookin' timestreched vocals!!, the fact that it's a crock 'o' shite is neither here nor there, it is a catchphrase that even my kid's fookin' use. Please credit me with a little more intelligence than that!. Right thats that fookin' cleared up then! it 'as been a pleasure to spar wi' you sir, now let's have a big fookin' girly hug!!! Coooomme on!
                        derelicts of dialect

Comment

No fookin' takers for that hug then?? o.k i'm gonna hit the fookin' sack then. Night all, God/Allah/Mohamed/Shiva ect bless!!!
                          derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ 21 July 2003,21:55)]Aye, fookin' blaggards some people (heh heh),
                            i have found that when some of my fellow diggers get a bit fookin' canny like, 'an start gettin' a bit fookin' frisky, a well placed fookin' elbow to the guts works a fookin' treat ( now i'm not reccomendin' that everyone starts duffin' each other fookin' oop at booters), but some bastards are just plain rude, 'an therefore deserve a fookin' dig!, i'm not a small lad  an consider mesel' capable 'o' handlin' some situations'an i apply this fookin' street science occasionally. like a couple of weeks ago some fat bastard stoolpidgeon who 'appen to have the temerity to fookin' shove me out of a box of vinyl at a booter, unfortunately for this fookin butterball (4o ish fookin' pony tail, fookin great beer belly, lookin like Gerry Garcia from the fookin' greatfull fookin' Dead, you know the type) he recieved the full fookin' elbow reet in't solar fookin' plexus ( of course me disguisin' it to make it look totally innocent), at which piont the fooker almost fell over the fookin' table into the back of the startled sellers fookin' car boot, needless to say i turned round, smiled sweetly, lookin' kinda fookin' concerned 'an nonchalant at the same fookin time 'an said "you o.k fella?"
                            at which piont the fooker was so winded/shocked/startled/disarmed by me fookin' charmin' nature.
                            he fookin made like a fookin' log 'an split!.
                            now like i say i do not condone this kind of thing, 'an in no way wish to be fookin' responsible for a rash of fookin booter beatin's, but hell!, the ruder the person the fookin' angrier i tend to get!, Knowarrramean!!
                            LOL
                            don't get me started on the booter story's
                            i have a runnin every week.
                            but i WILL most definatly take your outsanding
                            tactics into consideration at the next sunday muppet
                            i come across, and i come across a few believe me.
                            Whats you're style ?

Comment

Nice mate, remember "feel the fookin' force, use the force!",
                              'an kick that fooker in to touch 'an all, heh heh
                              derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                              X