Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Thames
    replied
    That's their least funky LP, actually - the 'open drum break' is actually just one of those little drum machine things (cf the intro to 'Heart Of Glass' by Blondie, or 'Rock Your Baby' by George Macrae). 'The Goodies Sing Songs From The Goodies' (aka 'The World Of....&#39 is probably the best one in terms of funk.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Speaking of the goodies - this has cropped up on ebay a couple of times.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....ry=1584

ILLSICKBREAKS indeed but is it say on par with the 'cricklewood shakedown' and 'funky gibbon' tracks off the new goodies lp?

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Regarding forgotten theme tunes, I posted this little link a while back on here - the lack of response was deafening. Surely someone must know what this tune is???
    http://www.tv-ark.abelgratis.co.uk/itvscho....1980.rm

Oh, and buy the new Goodies DVD - it has some seriously good tunes on there, most of which have never appeared anywhere else. They had some top musicians working for them too - Cattini, Parker, Morgan, Hurdle etc. The fact it's also one of the greatest TV shows ever doesn't harm it either.

I asked Bill Oddie a while back whether he still had any tape of his music for the show - he said he had a look recently, and couldn't find them - damn!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Not exactly forgotten, but the theme tune from 'The Liver Birds' (by The Scaffold on the flip of the 'Ging Gang Goolie' 45) is much funkier that I remember it being on TV.

It's almost as if they edited it for the show to take all the juice out of the track..... maybe they did ?

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    started a topic Goodies

Goodies

picked up the OG Goodies Theme on Decca 45 yesterday. played it all through and was VERY surprised to find that it's really tough KPM-style midtempo funk (apart from the 'Goodie goodie yum-yum' bit). recommended!

any other tasty forgotten funky TV themes?
Working...
X