Mystic moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystic moods

Just been listening to July's RealAudio - noice! - and I was wondering if anyone could spill the beans on more decent Mystic Moods tracks? I'm always drawn to their tasteful covers but only see them for a few quid or more (and not the one with Cosmic Sea neither) in Reckless or Exchange and suspect that it'd be like taking a punt on the duff Percy Faiths... So, can anyone give me the beta?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Rich..........check out their album 'Erogenous'.

There's a very nice couple of funky tracks on there - can't remember the names of 'em. I haven't checked that album out for ages.

The songs on at least one of the sides have been loosely segued together using waterfall sounds. Should be an easy come up, and I think it has been released twice (has two different covers).

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] ]check out their album 'Erogenous'.
      I've got a great funky 45 taken from that LP - both sides are nice - I think one is called "Midnight Snack" and I'll check what the other side is called when I'm at home.

I've got "Cosmic Sea" on "Awakenings" which is actually quite a nice lp - sort of easy/funk/prog - but I think it's on another LP too and a 45.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

what was the Mystic Moods 45 someone played at either HFS or Brillo?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ 22 July 2003,11:54)]I've got a great funky 45 taken from that LP - both sides are nice - I think one is called "Midnight Snack" and I'll check what the other side is called when I'm at home.
          That's the ticket..............ta!

Comment

Cheers chaps! I think I've seen Erogenous around a few times - now I'll pick it up.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Honey Trippin' on erogenous is a spanky little numba. Moogy-flutey-fonkykindashit.
              I've seen it, and awakenings, for about £8 a couple of times.

Comment

there's only ever one good choon per album tho'. And sometimes none!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]Honey Trippin'
                  That's the other side!Thanks - it's been bugging me all morning. Looks like you should stick to trying to snaffle up the 45s Rich.
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I've got Erogenous with 2 different sleeves, you see the one with the yellow-ish cover (is that a picture of an orchid right there??) the most and the other one is as far as I know the original version on Soundbird, gold die-cut cover with the inner sleeve showing a naked black couple in soft focus.
                    Excellent album and the only Mystic Moods album you can play from start to finish without getting too annoyed.

There seem to be different versions around from "Cosmic Sea", I have the 7" which is the same as on their Awakenings LP. Their Cosmic Force album has a slightly different version with effects added on the drums.
                    It's also on Rare Funk vol. 8, that version has a man talking some nonsense before the drums drop in.

Anybody heard of any other good Moods tracks?

Comment

Yeah, the lp 'love token' 'aint too bad in a kind 'o' laidback loungey type way 'an can still be found for 'fook all if 'yer look hard!!
                      Nice.
                      derelicts of dialect

Comment

Am I the only one round these parts who actually likes 'One Stormy Night', then? Stringy to the max, and completely devoid of funk & drums, but those thunderstorms are completely ace. Lovely stuff...
                        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Aye,'an thier version of Jim Webb's 'Sunshower's pretty fookin' cool 'an all. Loadsa gratuitous sax 'an violin's on that one too.
                          derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                          X