• Show
Clear All

• Blues&brass

this is one i picked up at a booter last week
    doesn't give any info at all,it's on deacon 1970
    out of interest does anyone have the lowdown
    on it. surprisingly good on the old organ front....thanx
    ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

The player from Black Velvet maybe as that came out on deacon too. Not too sure if the years correlate + I dont think hip young black dudes made sessioners...before anyone says Harold mcNair was pretty old hip black dude by this time.

Who is the arranger or composer btw
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

This is a German production by Motive Music, and features some familiar names from the German library scene, like Heribert Thusek, Frank Syman and Bert Petri.

I think the same organist played on some Conroy sessions with Gerhard Narholz, which leads me to think it [/I]might[I] be Mladen Franko.

I&#39;m quite good on German stuff, so I may be able to come up with a definitive answer at some point. Give us some time and I&#39;ll see what I can do&#33;

Comment

I&#39;ve got two different issues of this LP - I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s on two different labels and the the one which isn&#39;t on Deacon omits some tracks and has less nipple on the cover&#33; I&#39;ll dig them out (the records) when I can be arsed and let you know.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I&#39;ve got another version on Polymax, with a couple of extra tracks, and there&#39;s also &#39;Blues and Bras&#39; (sic) on Boulevard, which couples some tracks from the Deacon LP with some recorded for Saga by the Brunning-Hall Sunflower Blues Band (featuring former Fleetwood Mac member Bob Brunning, and actually in its original Saga issue a quite rare and collectable LP - nobody seems to have spotted the Boulevard version&#33

&#39;Blues and Bras&#39; is so called because there are indeed several ladies&#39; foundation garments on the cover (plus a lady wearing one&#33 - I think there&#39;s a picture somewhere on this very site, in fact. Boulevard&#39;s art department were feeling really inspired that day, obviously.

Comment

The other one I have has a lady in a HUGE pair of Lionels which appear to have been made from some curtain material. Still can&#39;t remember the label but I&#39;m sure it&#39;s a cheapy - windmill, Saga, Boulevard or some such.

Comment

Excellent you chaps are the tops...
              just one more,i picked this up from the same crate for another
              50p any info on mike hill,i believe there&#39;s another album out
              there..this also is a nice album with good sound..

Comment

Mike Hill &#39;Pop concert&#39; on avenue...cracking version of &#39;Dancing in the street&#39;...i&#39;m sure someone charted it many moons ago....

Comment

Comment

The &#39;Blues and Brass&#39; with the lady with the huge Dan Dares is the Polymax version (although it could also have appeared on Turnover - they basically seem to be the same label). The only other LP on Polymax I have is an anonymous one called &#39;Big Band&#39;, which features a few German library tracks by Frank Valdor, Frank Player, Carlos Diernhammer etc. - potentially one to watch?

I&#39;m very very interested in that Mike Hill LP - are there any composer and publisher credits for &#39;Groovin at Spot&#39; and &#39;Three Soul Mice&#39; (I may have got those titles wrong, that&#39;s what they look like from here). I might be able to identify the perpetrators.

Comment

three soul mice and groovin&#39; at spot are credited to
                      shroeder/boscoe
                      all in all it&#39;s a mighty fine album
                      had some nice finds at that boot about time thing&#39;s have been a bit lean lately...
                      here&#39;s a few more i found.

swinging stereo sensation....freddie staff sensational swing band..very cheap looking on warwick records..but funky

marbles on the moon..marble arch..

hits of nancy&amp;lee...reprise... lovely

werner muller..the strip goes on

brasilian dancing..r delgado and ray rivera
                      rivera tracks are superb..

golden hour of spectacular sound..atomic explosion on cover

it all happens on saturday...harry stoneham five

moving on...lenny dee

spanish village..martin denny...liberty mono...ace

jesus christ superstar...the disciples..contour....blown away
                      buy this one very good..

the chequers...check us out...creole records..pretty good

discotheque vol2 boulevard....shake26...crazy man....

Comment

hey&#33;&#33; she look&#39;s like Diana Rigg

Comment

That one goes for good money these days.

&quot;Oh&#33; My sweet gangster&#33;&quot;

Comment

Working...
                          X