• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'psychomania' ost

Anyone got/heard this?
    Is it worth pickin' up?
    "I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
    - Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Yes I think so. Its distorted uk jazz rock madness. Some of it just warps your mind and some of it just oozes funk.

Im reviewing it properly for the site this month.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

save your energy sermad&#33; got my vinyl copy a few weeks ago...v. limited, so dont piss about...deffo one for the Progsploitation lovers out there&#33;

Comment

oh well we can have 2 reviews cos its already half done
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Can only second what Chris &#39;n&#39; Sermad have said, it is a truly fookin&#39; warped ost, rock&#39;n&#39;funk in the fookin&#39; blender baby&#33;&#33;
          go test&#33;.
          derelicts of dialect

Comment

I&#39;ve heard nowt but good things, except the sound quality is meant to be a bit ropey? Is this true? Smooth as Sean Connery or rough as Roger Moore? Which is it??
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Oi, less criticism of Rog, if you don&#39;t mind - at least he never needed a syrup to play Bond&#33;

Sound quality is a bit poor, but I&#39;ve heard worse, and ultimately the music is well worth it.

Comment

sound quality isn&#39;t brilliant because the masters were taken from the only copies available - straight out of john cameron&#39;s barn&#33; jonny had been working on this release for well over three years so as far as i&#39;m concerned a little loss in quality really doesn&#39;t spoil the release... btw it doesn&#39;t include the two tracks off the Jam 45 although there are reprises of those tracks throughout the album.
                http://www.blaxploitation.com
                Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I would advise folks to buy this as it&#39;s an intriguing piece and, being a Trunk release, it won&#39;t be around for ever (plus it&#39;s reasonably priced).

However, you&#39;re right to draw attention to the sound quality (or lack thereof). It&#39;s pretty bad. Some of the music&#39;s damn good though (some is naturally filler - it&#39;s a soundtrack after all). Just as long as you don&#39;t go in with expectations of crystalline clarity you won&#39;t be disappointed.

Don&#39;t listen to it with the lights off....&#33;

Benicio
                  Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Mr Trunk talks about the sound quality on his website.

http://www.trunkrecords.com/turntable/psychomania.htm

Comment

I always pick up Mr Trunk&#39;s stuff, it&#39;s very          , know what I mean? Don&#39;t forget the Tiny Trunk 45&#39;s. No2 was a killer and the latest is well worthy of a punt, if you can find one , they are well ltd. I also dug the Transcargo 12 it&#39;s different, for a change. Anyone else get these? I&#39;m yet to pick up the other L.P he released recently, have to sort that out. Bet it&#39;s good though?

TaTa

Urko
                      For folks sake!

Comment

Working...
                      X