So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...

checked the cupboard the other day, and noticed some lovely fresh brillo. pads.

and that just got me a-thinkin'...

i haven't made it to one yet (work, when i had some, then holidays), and i quite fancy popping along, even thought the black cabs and fog or whatever has been sorted.

are they still running, and if so when and where's the next one (still salmon and compasses)?

i may have some trades too, but i have no idea what i'm looking for, just what i may be persuaded to part with.

are they still running???

Hell yes my good man! Last month was a brilliant turnout - we had scots, sheffs, saints, sluts and then some.

Next one is August 12th - I think.

Hey I saw your post on SoulStrut about recording vinyl to pc. Well you need a decent soundcard really. I actually have an external box which plugs into your mac or pc via USB for sale. (I upgraded to the better one so its now sitting pretty)

Its an M-Audio and its very cool - If you're interested then PM me ok.

And see you at the next Brillo!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Correction on the date, Serms - it&#39;s Monday 11th August.

So, alanmck.........please bring along a plethora of goodness cos there&#39;ll be an available slot of &#39;DJing&#39; now that llmod1 is diving off the bognor coastline.

Not to mention your trade-ables&#33;&#33;

BTW - Nick.........what&#39;s the next step re; the comp. Are we at the stage of sorting out the running order yet?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Belson @ 30 July 2003,09:23)]there&#39;ll be an available slot of &#39;DJing&#39; now that llmod1 is diving off the bognor coastline.
        I&#39;ve been practising that elbow scratch, just so we don&#39;t pine for him too much...

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]BTW - Nick.........what&#39;s the next step re; the comp. Are we at the stage of sorting out the running order yet?
        How do you want to proceed with the selected tracks - do you need the vinyl to make decent recordings?

And last month&#39;s was great - new faces are always welcome&#33;

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

serm, i know you&#39;re recording all the tracks for the brillo comp etc, but i just thought i&#39;d throw in: if you and nick want to hand over the finished comp for a final mastering and level-matching etc, let me know because i do quite a bit of that professionally.

and i won&#39;t charge for my services, obviously.

Comment

Marvellous, wooly.

Comment

Soon as those who submitted their choices on vinyl get their CDs to me, then I can burn the shortlist onto one CD and make a few copies for those wanting a say in the running order, or even make a quick clip edit so we can hear them all again on the 11th...

Some of the tracks may need re-recording, or replacing with a better quality copy...

For those who were at the Little Barrie gig at the Octopus studios in Stokey a few months back, I tracked down the geezer that was playing those sweet psyche tunes, he&#39;s coming down to Brillo and I want him to spin the half hour or so before Little Barrie come on at HF&amp;S - cos those two went so well together...

http://wakeupanddie.com
              http://weirdgearnyc.com
              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Indeed marvellous mr wooly. Your expert ear is always needed&#33;

Well my offer of recording tracks is still there - no one has actually taken me up on it. Nick C and the other London reprobates are still welcome round my gaff for a quick shooting and a recording session.

I&#39;m assuming Wooly (did you submit?), Belson and other producer types have a decent samplers or home recording get up so thats all good. If you&#39;ve only got a minidisc or soundblaster type soundcard then I wouldn&#39;t mind getting your records to record.

One of the things people hated about the Black Chains comp was the amazingly bad audio on some of the tracks so if peeps could at least take the records to a VPI machine and get them cleaned that would be cool too.

Its down to what people want I guess. Opinions please

Comment

I&#39;ll take you up on that offer Serms (minus the shooting bit?). Cheers&#33;

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

OH yes I forgot&#33;

Mr wooly very kindly sent me the resonance radio show with myself and Nick C - many many of the tunes for the comp are on there.

Marvel at us spouting complete crap and me sounding like a coked up 14 year old&#33;

http://www.sermad.com/mp3/freshbrillo-radio.mp3

Comment

That&#39;ll make this afternoon a whole more fun - I&#39;m looking forward to all your Westwoodisms...

&#39;I&#39;d like to big up the Stokey crew - get at me baby.&#39;.

&#39;Yeah, big dog style&#33;&#39;

Etc.

(Or will it be more like Steve Wright and the posse? Time to find out...)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (sermad @ 30 July 2003,13:09)]Marvel at us spouting complete crap and me sounding like a coked up 14 year old&#33;  
                        Enjoying it.... apart from the &#39;What is this ? Now I know this tune, it is in the rack downstairs somewhere, but what is it called ?&#39; Bugger.
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Nick is brilliant on the show - he has this west country/Westwood accent that is just genius.

The best bit of the whole show is where neither of us realise the mics are on and theres like 30 seconds of silence with me mumbling about something in the background.

Blame that one on the engineer

Comment

God* would approve...

You&#39;re both sounding quite well spoken - how&#39;d that happen?

(*John Peel)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 30 July 2003,14:16)]God* would approve...

You&#39;re both sounding quite well spoken - how&#39;d that happen?

(*John Peel)
                              Weren&#39;t allowed to take beer into the studio - I asked and Serm said no&#33;
                              http://wakeupanddie.com
                              http://weirdgearnyc.com
                              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X