Horn riffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn riffs

just been listening to Diana Ross' best record (maybe)... I'm Coming Out. the horn work on it is superb! really tight and punchy, very bassy, lots of trombone, with some lovely brass riffs behind the chorus.

also totally feeling the horns on the Pazant Brothers LP - beautiful.

recommendations?
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Syl Johnson's - Different Strokes For Different Folks has got to have the BEST horny intro I've heard. Simple, punchy and sampled by about 5 million people.

Genius.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Lucrettia McEvil by BS&amp;T - as sampled by everyone&#33;&#33;
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The Pieces of Peace and their Twinight 45 &#39;Pass it on&#39;.

Comment

Buddy Rich&#39;s &#39;Buddy And Soul&#39; isn&#39;t short of a few... &#39;Coming Home Baby&#39; and &#39;Soul Kitchen&#39;, as sampled by Showbiz for Fat Pockets&#39;.

Plus, &#39;The Many Facets Of David Newman&#39; for &#39;Shiloh&#39; (I think?), John Schroeder&#39;s &#39;Summertime&#39; and James Royal &quot;House Of Jack&#39;.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The Brecker Brothers - Sneaking up Behind You has some punchy business going on

Comment

Fela Kuti and th Africa 70&#39;s Authority Stealing is my favourite for ensemble horn riffing.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
              X