Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality funky house

have a look out for this, it's wicked:
    rasmus faber - 'ever after'... not out yet but it's a cracker, fantastic latiny percussion over a summertime female vocal, really 60s feeling latiny funkiness, very soulful...

and stop being narrow-minded!
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Hey Im down with the kids. I bought that Elton John housey stomper a few weeks back. I even bought that beyonce record too. See I'll be buying trance anthems soon!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

i&#39;ve been digging a track called &quot;dragging my feet&quot; by georges vert, which is back-to-&#39;88 house business.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 06 2003,18:33)]Hey Im down with the kids. I bought that Elton John housey stomper a few weeks back. I even bought that beyonce record too. See I&#39;ll be buying trance anthems soon&#33;
        I&#39;ve been banging out the old Beyonce instro for a while now - those beats are H O T. It&#39;s also great to see women stunned as I eschew the vocals to throw down a rap acapella or some cuts over it.. ooh controversial&#33;
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I expect to be bangin out that Beyonce tomorrow too, but as for that Elton John thing, as they say on Soustrut - fuck that shit&#33;
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

I also expect to be banging Beyonce tomorrow. And I&#39;ve got to agree with Nick - I draw the line at banging Elton...
            There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Aug. 06 2003,21:47)]I also expect to be banging Beyonce tomorrow. And I&#39;ve got to agree with Nick - I draw the line at banging Elton...  
              Sorry to lower the tone, but would this have anything to do with the fact that this site is now &quot;For loves of vinyl&quot;? I know there are a few shops in Soho where this kind of thing can still be had, possibly in both Beyonce and Elton John models...
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (theeman @ Aug. 06 2003,18:11)]have a look out for this, it&#39;s wicked:
                rasmus faber - &#39;ever after&#39;... not out yet but it&#39;s a cracker, fantastic latiny percussion over a summertime female vocal, really 60s feeling latiny funkiness, very soulful...

and stop being narrow-minded&#33;
                Two words...RAW FUSION

Great tunes out from this (Swedish?) label with first few 12s. A variety of beats - each release seems a different style - encompossing Latin/Jazz/Disco/Funk in equal measures - you could say House - but its more than that (House not House??).

I always had a week spot for all that stuff from Nuphonic and that a while back - just deep music....er, man&#33; There&#39;s prolly loads more similar but I need to steer clear of getting into yet another musical strand too much (££££&#39;s &amp; &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#39;s&#33

Comment

Okay, so does anyone know which version of Beyonce&#39;s &#39;Work It Out&#39; is the one that gets played, and did it come out on vinyl (or are those just the pointless Ritzy house mixes)?

And seeing as both Serms and Mr. Divine are down with Beyonce AND &#39;Music To Watch Girls Cry&#39;, what&#39;s the next song after &#39;Picking Cotton&#39;? Some funk track about &#39;doing the robot&#39;. It sounds like Beyonce interpolated that for &#39;Work It Out&#39;, or am I way off...
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Having not heard it, I can only suggest Rufus Thomas &quot;Funky Robot&quot;, which really needs to be used in a Futurama episode. I can just pipcture Bender shaking his shiny, metal booty to this track.
                    Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                    Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

No, no, no&#33; It sounds like it was recorded later than that, with a female vocal...
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I presume the version of Beyonce&#39;s &quot;Work it Out&quot; would be the common or garden 12&quot; released from the Austin Powers soundtrack... Foxy Mama indeed. &quot;Pickin&#39; Cotton&quot; - you&#39;ve got me there. Another Music To Watch Girls Cry tracklisting post perhaps? Mr Votel??
                        There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Sorry, that was a bit vague. Yep, I&#39;m wondering what the song immediately after Johnny Talbot&#39;s &#39;Picking Cotton&#39; on the &#39;Music To Watch Girl&#39;s Cry&#39; mix is? BTW the Heroes have a few copies of &#39;Picking Cotton&#39; for trade if you need, as featured on all the best mixes of the past year (&#39;Music To...&#39;, &#39;Mathematics With Soul And A Beat&#39;, Voodoo Funk Party&#39; ). (Actually, this query would have been better in the other thread but seeing as we started talking about Beyonce and I swear she was &#39;inspired&#39; by that robot song...).

Comment

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I&#39;ve been away for the best part of two weeks. House record of the year so far: Salif Keita - Madan (Martin Solveig&#39;s Exotic Disco Mix).

This came out on a French import about three months ago and has been totally ignored by everyone. It&#39;s brilliant. It sounds like an afro-disco record, with a great percussion breakdown in it and psych-guitar solo. It&#39;s been my biggest record for months.
                            http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Alright so i keep bangin&#39; on about Detroit, but one of the most slept on tunes of the year has to be The Beat Addicts &#39;Imagination&#39; on Sweat records, pure house dancefloor devastation straight outta the D (it&#39;s not all Techno yer see&#33 and having said that the forthcomming Aztec Mystic/dj Rolando 12&quot; (remember &#39;Knights of the Jaguar&#39 &#39;Aguilla&#39; will be fookin&#39; HUGE, you heard it here first. (drops mid September).
                              derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                              X