Fancy packaging alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy packaging alert

Just picked up a Lemon Jelly 7" - gold vinyl in a hessian bag with 'Rolled Gold' screen printed on it.

Very similar to that 'soft rock' one . . .

Btw I haven't actually listened to it yet!
    Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

eight pounds forty-nine! for a new seven-inch!
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Aug. 07 2003,21:37)]eight pounds forty-nine! for a new seven-inch!
      my thought's exactly john.
      Whats you're style ?

Comment

Can I ask where one might pick this up?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (jonky @ Aug. 07 2003,22:23)]Can I ask where one might pick this up?

Cheers
          well there's a couple of shops in bristol with them - where are you? do you have a trendy indie shop anywhere near? if you can't get one let me know and I can pick one up - my office is about ten doors down from a shop with a few copies. £8.49 though!

Comment

Is it any fookin' good for fook sake ! thats the question

£8.50 ooooh, ya bastards !
            SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Fuck that - £8.50 for a brand new 45 is taking the piss, hessian bag or not... My gran will knit you one cheaper than that
              There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

But like Towny says, is it any good?

Their output in the past has been 'varied' to say the least.

Comment

Sadly I am a bit of a completist when it come their stuff so 8.50 and possibly rubbish or not I need to have it. Anyways I just paid a fiver for the licorice single - excellent BTW - so whats 3.50 between friends.

John the phrase 'I work in Hemel Hempstead' should tell you all you need to know about my chance of getting it locally. If you could pick me one up I would be forever in your debt, but don't go out of your way. PM me with details of how to get some money to you.

Comment

fear not - i have a copy for you. if you send me your address via the pm thingy, i'll send you mine...

cheers!

Comment

£8.50! Blimey that ain't right! I got it with a bunch of other stuff, enthused by never catching a 'Soft Rock' , wasn't aware of excessiveness . . . [ rushes off to check receipts with Cheryl in accounts ]
                      Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Those Lemon boys are top fookin' limited scamsters i'll have to admit, 'avin got most their fookin' gear right from the ' In The Bath' ep, up to the lp (which i'm inclined to agree with the words of mr Belson) is a bit fookin' patchy to say the least,
                        i am nonetheless curious whenever they release stuff. They kinda remind me a little bit, of the mighty KLF as far as the vinyl ltd editions go, although without the fookin' humour, knowarramean?. Havin, stumped up seven big one's for the 'Moonwalk' leather bound 10", 8.50 for a 7" does seem a bit fookin' extreeme, still they usually only press about 500 of the fookin' things anyways, 'an as Towny quite rightly sez, WHAT'S THE FOOKIN' TUNE LIKE!!!!!
                        derelicts of dialect

Comment

well it's got a sample from 'feel like making love' by bad company.

Comment

Ooooh!, Bad company? oh god nooooo!!!!!!, so it is a bit like the 'Soft/Rock' seven then (i liked the re-make of that Black Crowes-urgh!-track tho' not bad in a kinda hip hop/rock way) but that fookin' 'If you leave me now' track did indeed leave me, fookin' colder than stone cold Steve fookin' Austin (gratuitous WWF mention there&#33. Whats the fookin' b side like John boy?. Also had a quick check on the web of some of the more wankier/trendy record stores 'an no fookin' bastard in "that london" has it in stock, any suggestions John?
                            derelicts of dialect

Comment

The B samples Hall & Oates (I think) and it's very mellow. Got mines for ONLY £8 in Fopp.
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                              X