Pink panther theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink panther theme

picked up an lp the other day entitled 'ten golden years, great motion picture themes & orginal soundtrack' mainly cak apart from the pink panther theme by the hollywood studio orchestra which is a great funky version with a bluenotes style backing, anyone else heard this version, and is there a full length lp by the hollywood studio orch?
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (happy monster @ Aug. 08 2003,22:05)]anyone else heard this version, and is there a full length lp by the hollywood studio orch?
    i'll take that as a no?

Comment

Is this a United Artists record? The Hollywood Studio Orchestra sounds like one of the names they'd give to one of their session orchestras.
      Any more info, Mr Monster?

Comment

hello lord thames, thanks for the reply, here's a bit more info, your right the label is united artists, cat. no. is ULP1205, the date is 1968, other artists on the record are John Barry, Count Basie, Elmer Bernstein, Francis Lai + some others i haven't heard of, look forward to your reply, oh yeah can you have a look at my Dick Hyman thread, no ones replied yet, and i'm feeling a bit left out.

Comment

United Artists had a habit of releasing cover versions of film scores credited to names like The Hollywood Studio Orchestra - these would end up being licenced to cheapo labels like Hallmark, or on their own compilations.

Unfortunately, they rarely (if ever) credited the arrangers responsible - at a guess, I'd say it might be Leroy Holmes, as he did a lot of stuff for UA in the 60s.

Comment

nice one, thanks for the reply lord thames, on another note do you want any FREE (i'll pay the postage as well) windmill exploitation hit parade lp's for the labels of love article you are going to do, if not there going to the charity shop next week.

Comment

You bet I'll have 'em!! Thanks.
              I'll pay the postage if you want - just waiting for Lloyd's to cough up a new chequebook......
              For what it's worth, found another issue of the Chico Lopez LP on a different label (Turnover), credited to another Syd Dale alias, Dali Caldis.
              There's a pic purporting to be Mr Caldis on the sleeve - it doesn't look like Syd to me, but you never know!

Comment

send me your address via the PM and i'll send you the records, don't worry about the postage i'll pay, let me know if you want any of these and i'll send them as well.

12 smash hits (deacon dea 1051)
                16 chart hits vol 11/21 (contour)
                16 solid gold top hits (chevron) 2 diff volumes
                hot hits 4/17 (mfp)
                totp vol 41/24/40/50/51/67/59/69/33/70
                20 great hits 0f 73 (contour)
                chart busters vol3 (pye)
                unforgettable hits (deacon)
                12 tops (stereo gold award) 6 diff vol
                sounds like hits 8 (fontana)
                hit parade special (rediffusion) whole lotta love
                million seller hits (mfp)

Comment

Oooh, ta very much Mr Monster sir - I'll have those too. I'll just check which ones I've already got, then I'll send you me address.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X