Stanley myers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley myers

Right, i can't let LLmod have all the fookin' fun so, whilst i was on me hols sunnin' mesel' on 't' beach me kids were muckin' around with some other kids from a local family a little way down from us, anyways we exchanged pleasantries wi' this family 'an i get gassin' wi this older fella (about mid 50's)
    'an he's an alright kinda fella, anyway i starts dronin' on aboot music an' the fella starts perkin' oop a bit, i'm thinkin' "fookin' 'ell tha's done it now thee daft bastard, he's gonna regale yer wi' tales 'o' 'is Des 'o' fookin' Connor rekkids!&#33, well fookin' blow me down wi' a feather, the geezer is only an avid soundtrack collector!. Now again i'm thinkin' the worst, 'an that he's into fookin' stuff like 'Carousel' 'an that type 'o' shite, then he drops the bombshell that he's into leftfield cinema soundtracks 'an cordially invites me round his gaff for a wee dram, 'an a nifters thru 'is collection, now i must admit i was a bit sceptical as i'd only just met the dude
    'an was more than a little afraid that this might turn oot te be some fookin' Texas chainsaw massacre business, the paranoia subsided 'an when the kids were safely tucked oop in bed 'an sound asleep, i left the misses in front of fookin' Eastenders 'an took the 15 minute walk from my mobile home to this fella's gaff.
    I was releived when i saw the nice gaff this fella had, all very spacious 'an tidy, lookin' like it were worth a few bob 'an all.
    After presentin' me wi a tipple, he proceeded to lead me through the hoose an into a garage convertion, where, i shit you not, was the most fookin' enormous fookin' collection of soundtrack records i've fookin' ever seen fookin' anywhere!,
    there must have bin aboot seven thousand lps in there, fookin' ell, i didnt even think that many films existed, let alone had fookin' soundtrac lp's!!.
    After a bewilderin' three hours of fookin' rootin through this motherlode 'o' fookin' vinyl, 'an spinnin' a few rekkids on his hifi, i pionted oot a few interstin' bit's too him 'an bid 'im farewell.
    A couple 'o' days after, we were at the beach with kids in tow again when we bump into this fella 'an 'is family again!, after chinwaggin' fer a while we start gassin' oboot the other night's events, an the geezer ask's me if there's anythin' in 'is collection that i'd really like, as ee's thinkin of offladin' a whole chunk to clear some space fer a new boat!! (i had to swallow fookin' hard at this point 'an fookin' physically restrain mesen' from leapin' into 't' air 'an fookin' screamin' YYYEEEESSS!!! at the open sky) so to cut a long story a bit shorter i managed to come away wi' aboot 25 fookin' solid lp's for fook all with the promise of more if i return, now i kinda wondered why he'd not got on 't' fookin' phone to first dealer/fookin' E Bay merchant in't book, so when i asked 'im, he replied that he'd rather they go to a fookin' good home where at least they'd be listened to 'an treasured, than some fookin knob'ound of a fookin collector who'd fookin' stick em in a glass case!!, but he'd let me cherry pick some stuff 'an flog the rest!!!, cool daddy'o!, so aboot the rekkids well, i got some goodies like the 'Zardoz' sountrack the 'Solaris' russian sci fi film soundtrack lp some dead strange euro 70's kids cartoon/film ost's, some well rare Morricone scores, a few american pieces like an og 'Across 110th st',
    'an some well cool obscure british 60's/70's joints like this Stanley Myers one called 'Take a girl like you' the lp is a mix of Myers tracks 'an tracks by some half forgotten fookin' acts of the day, now my question is does anyone know what else Mr Myers has done apart from this 'an the obvious John Williams connection, cos' his compositions on that ost are fookin' mega' 'an no mistake, they're a kinda light bossa/wordless vocal type gear with strings 'an flutes 'a plenty, not what i was expectin' at all. As there were a few other lps by myers 'an some top Roy Budd stuff i'd never seen before, i'm gonna go back an grab some more goodies before he flogs the rest, so if anyone can reccomend any more Myers stuff i'd be reet gratefull like!. Ta!.
    derelicts of dialect

My reply to this post has gone!! or maybe I didnt press 'post'. Doh.

Er to recap 'Take a girl like you' seems to be rarer then rocking horse do dah's! Seriously its really hard to find. But when you do its normally very very cheap (£10 or so). It has one track called 'organ fantasia in d' or something which I put on my Xmas mix. MASSIVE 9 minute psych organ freakout of the highest order. Amazing.

Well done on that and the other bits matey.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Don&#39;t suppose Morricone&#39;s soundtrack for &#39;Dio E Con Noi&#39; (aka &#39;The Fifth Day&#39 was in there was it? And if it was, any chance I could borrow it?

Comment

Stories like this always fill me with hope that I will get some nice diggin karma before too long and come upon a motherlode of nice stuff at a good price. Congrats on the finds, any chance of telling us exatly which Morricone&#39;s you managed to score?

Comment

Sadly, Mr Thames i dint recall seeing that lp, but then the guy had aboot 400 or so fookin&#39; Morricone lps&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i just didnt have time to root thru &#39;em all. I will check upon my return to this guys pad &#39;an if it&#39;s there i&#39;ll hook it for ya&#33;, by the way that tape will be in the post to yer this week mate&#33;.
          Serm, yeah it&#39;s the same jobbie, bloody good &#39;an all&#33;&#33;, i&#39;ll post a little list of the Morricone stuff, but half of &#39;em are in italian language &#39;an the fookin&#39; title&#39;s are longer than the new fookin&#39; Testament&#33;&#33;
          derelicts of dialect

Comment

hey mundays. I&#39;m after &#39;QUATTRO MOSCHE DI VELLUTO GRIGIO&#39; if you see it. Translated to &#39;Four flies on grey velvet&#39;.

Its very nice...

Comment

Hey Serm, i &#39;think&#39; i may have seen that one as i&#39;ve bin&#39; after a copy for some time, leave it with me mate &#39;an i&#39;ll see what i ken do.
              derelicts of dialect

Comment

wicked&#33; Did you get the cd ok btw? Perfect for days like this&#33;

Comment

Ta Mr Child, Sir - if you do find it, I&#39;ll try and get you summat interesting in return&#33;

Happy birthday, by the way - a bit late, but I&#39;ve only just got back from me hols, and I&#39;ve got a lot of catching up to do&#33;

Comment

myers also did:
                    US LPs:
                    - kaleidescope (good if weird mid 60s beaty jazz, about 20 quid)
                    - no way to treat a lady (BRILLIANT beaty late 60s organ psych funk, 20-30)
                    UK LPs:
                    - otley (cheeky comedy funk, uneven but nice, tenner)

and plenty of other goodies, but they&#39;re the best.
                    http://www.blaxploitation.com
                    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

oh, and if you can mail me a list of stuff i can give you some hints on what to pick out... labels and artists to look for etc...
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Ta Mr Thames i&#39;ll keep ya posted, &#39;an Theeman cheers for the info fella&#33;, a couple &#39;o&#39; those were in that lot somewhere now i can go get&#33;, cheers&#33;.
                        Uh oh, Sermad mate when did ya post them bits?, cos i had nothin&#39; waitin&#39; fer me when i got back from me hols&#33;, i was also waitin fer some stuff from lee &#39;an all, i&#39;ll be double fookin&#39; fooked orf if that&#39;s gone missin&#39;&#33;, grrrr it looks like the friggin&#39; postmans gonna get a fookin&#39; visit from an axe weildin&#39; fookin&#39; maniac , now, where&#39;d i put that fookin&#39; axe....................
                        derelicts of dialect

Comment

By the way , whilst sortin&#39; yer tape Mr thames i was flickin&#39; thru the &#39;Clouds&#39; lp cos i hadn&#39;t listened to it fer ages &#39;an there&#39;s a fookin&#39; lovely track on side two &#39;cool with me&#39; credited to a Mr Tony King, another John Schroeder alais then.
                          I had forgotten just how nice this track was, i want more of this kinda stuff&#33;&#33; grand.
                          derelicts of dialect

Comment

Okey dokey, this list was translated by one of me mates who&#39;s studyin&#39; Itallian at the mo&#39; so forgive any horrendous fookin&#39; errors (the lady in question did try her best&#33 the following Morricone OST lp&#39;s were royally ponced, &#39;an i shall be returnin&#39; in a few weeks. &#39;Arr&#39;ay la&#39;.
                            LOVE CIRCLE-1969
                            BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE-1970
                            LIZARD IN A WOMANS SKIN-1971
                            THE FITH CORD-1971
                            THE RED TENT-1971
                            SUN SPOTS-1973
                            THE CHILD-1972
                            &#39;an a couple &#39;o&#39; roy budd joints, &#39;Stone killer&#39; &#39;an &#39;The black windmill&#39;, a fookin&#39; mega Dennis Farnon score in &#39;Drop Dead baby&#33;&#39;a mint Don Ellis &#39;French connection&#39; an the bits mentioned previous like. Not bad methinks.
                            derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ Aug. 10 2003,21:22)]By the way , whilst sortin&#39; yer tape Mr thames i was flickin&#39; thru the &#39;Clouds&#39; lp cos i hadn&#39;t listened to it fer ages &#39;an there&#39;s a fookin&#39; lovely track on side two &#39;cool with me&#39; credited to a Mr Tony King, another John Schroeder alais then.
                              I had forgotten just how nice this track was, i want more of this kinda stuff&#33;&#33; grand.
                              I think Tony King is an actual person, MC. And I&#39;ll have to check out &#39;Cool With Me&#39; - I only ever play &#39;Superstition&#39;.

I second the sentiment that this kind of thread gives me hope - nice come up&#33;
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X