Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mundayschild
    replied
    Not much other than it looks like a private pressing, the sleeve's a black 'n' red photostat job of a windmill thats all, oh 'an the label is hand written!. Other than that no bleedin' info on the bugger at all?. Could it be a boot?, i dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Divine
    replied
    Black Windmill, eh? Thought that only came out on that Cinephile re-issue label - what info do you have on this??

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    hey Si, just realised i didnt put a fookin' tracklist down! , i think mainly 'cos you said you had a copy , 'an assumed you must have a listing somewhere. I can message board ya one if you require, just holler 'ol chap!.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Got 'Clouds' this morning, by the way (Aren't the Royal Mail wonderful?) - absolutely fantastic. I can see what all the fuss about 'Superstition' is!
    Thank you very much, sir!

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    That should be cool mate, i've just gotta get 'em back from the young lady that translated 'em fer me, 'an i'll sort summat out!

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ Aug. 11 2003,19:41)]THE FITH CORD-1971
    Can I please borrow this one for a bit? Or perhaps trade it, if there's anything I've got you might want?
    I'm very honest and trustworthy, and no harm will come to it if you let me borrow it!
    I'll explain why, if you need a reason.

Looking forward to 'Clouds', by the way!!

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ Aug. 10 2003,21:22)]By the way , whilst sortin' yer tape Mr thames i was flickin' thru the 'Clouds' lp cos i hadn't listened to it fer ages 'an there's a fookin' lovely track on side two 'cool with me' credited to a Mr Tony King, another John Schroeder alais then.
    I had forgotten just how nice this track was, i want more of this kinda stuff!! grand.
    I think Tony King is an actual person, MC. And I'll have to check out 'Cool With Me' - I only ever play 'Superstition'.

I second the sentiment that this kind of thread gives me hope - nice come up!

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    Okey dokey, this list was translated by one of me mates who's studyin' Itallian at the mo' so forgive any horrendous fookin' errors (the lady in question did try her best&#33 the following Morricone OST lp's were royally ponced, 'an i shall be returnin' in a few weeks. 'Arr'ay la'.
    LOVE CIRCLE-1969
    BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE-1970
    LIZARD IN A WOMANS SKIN-1971
    THE FITH CORD-1971
    THE RED TENT-1971
    SUN SPOTS-1973
    THE CHILD-1972
    'an a couple 'o' roy budd joints, 'Stone killer' 'an 'The black windmill', a fookin' mega Dennis Farnon score in 'Drop Dead baby!'a mint Don Ellis 'French connection' an the bits mentioned previous like. Not bad methinks.

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    By the way , whilst sortin' yer tape Mr thames i was flickin' thru the 'Clouds' lp cos i hadn't listened to it fer ages 'an there's a fookin' lovely track on side two 'cool with me' credited to a Mr Tony King, another John Schroeder alais then.
    I had forgotten just how nice this track was, i want more of this kinda stuff!! grand.

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    Ta Mr Thames i'll keep ya posted, 'an Theeman cheers for the info fella!, a couple 'o' those were in that lot somewhere now i can go get!, cheers!.
    Uh oh, Sermad mate when did ya post them bits?, cos i had nothin' waitin' fer me when i got back from me hols!, i was also waitin fer some stuff from lee 'an all, i'll be double fookin' fooked orf if that's gone missin'!, grrrr it looks like the friggin' postmans gonna get a fookin' visit from an axe weildin' fookin' maniac , now, where'd i put that fookin' axe....................

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    oh, and if you can mail me a list of stuff i can give you some hints on what to pick out... labels and artists to look for etc...

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    myers also did:
    US LPs:
    - kaleidescope (good if weird mid 60s beaty jazz, about 20 quid)
    - no way to treat a lady (BRILLIANT beaty late 60s organ psych funk, 20-30)
    UK LPs:
    - otley (cheeky comedy funk, uneven but nice, tenner)

and plenty of other goodies, but they're the best.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Ta Mr Child, Sir - if you do find it, I'll try and get you summat interesting in return!

Happy birthday, by the way - a bit late, but I've only just got back from me hols, and I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    wicked! Did you get the cd ok btw? Perfect for days like this!

Leave a comment:

• mundayschild
    replied
    Hey Serm, i 'think' i may have seen that one as i've bin' after a copy for some time, leave it with me mate 'an i'll see what i ken do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X