Theme to 'Robin's Nest'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme to 'Robin's Nest'

Does anyone know if this had a commerical release at the time or later? I saw the old Christmas episode on Channel 5 a few weeks ago and really enjoyed hearing the theme music again. Trivia fans will note that it was written by Richard O'Sullivan and arranged by Brian Bennett, so I wondered if it turns up on any of the latter's LPs?

Obviously if Comarde robinsnest himself knows the answer then that would tie things up nicely. . .
    The Pop Music Library

The only version I have ever come accross is the cover by Denim (mad bloke Lawrence from Felt's last band - now called Go Cart Mozart I believe). It was very fatihful to the original.

I too would like to know if a 'proper' version exists.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
      The only version I have ever come accross is the cover by Denim (mad bloke Lawrence from Felt's last band - now called Go Cart Mozart I believe). It was very fatihful to the original.

I too would like to know if a 'proper' version exists.
      I liked the Denim version......It is a b side to their "middle of the road" single...

Comment

Thanks chaps - I'll look into the Denim version.

As for the TV series itself, there was a message on the Network DVD site a few months saying they'd tied up a long-term deal with the Thames archive, and so would be putting out complete series of 'Robin's Nest' (among other things) in the future. So there's some hope of hearing the theme again, at least.
        The Pop Music Library

Comment

In the meantime, you can download a murky sounding mp3 at www.tvcream.co.uk.

While you're on there, get the club version of Record Breakers (superb), Digby, The Biggest Dog In The World (terribly moving) and. on a more closely related note, the theme song to the Man About the House spinoff film.
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

yeah that "murky" download is poor. it is a brilliant theme also "the man about the house" theme too.
            the sitar jazz funk rock lord!

myspace.com/mooseandgoose

Comment

I saw a cover of Robins nets on an old TV Theme LP in my local charity shop a couple of days ago. It was one of those LP's with all the TV show Characters drawn on the front. However the name of the LP escapes my mind now (thats not much help I know). I would have made a note of it, but I thought, whats the point somebody will have mentioned it already, sods law! lol
              Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy_Stardust_72
                I saw a cover of Robins nets on an old TV Theme LP in my local charity shop a couple of days ago. It was one of those LP's with all the TV show Characters drawn on the front. However the name of the LP escapes my mind now (thats not much help I know). I would have made a note of it, but I thought, whats the point somebody will have mentioned it already, sods law! lol
                Aargh etc. If you run into it again, Ziggy, I'd really appreciate it if you could check the details. Thank yer shipmate!
                The Pop Music Library

Comment

Can't help with the original but just stumbled onto this on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/loose-capacit...om-robins-nest
                  markmorb.blogspot.com

Briars Frome
                  http://briarsfrome.bandcamp.com

Comment

'Man About The House' theme is really 'Up To Date' by Johnny Hawksworth and can be found in a few places for cheap, one of the 'Sound Gallery' comps has it and it's also on a De Wolfe library (Big Band And Strings?) and the Simon Park 'Eye Level' studio 2 LP. Should be fairly easy and cheap to get the Simon Park and Sound Gallery bits I think.
                    Not so sure about the 'Robins Nest' theme, I'm sure I've got it somewhere, I'll have a root around and let you know if I find it!
                    Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Well it's been 6 years since the last post in this thread and I'm still searching to find the allusive 'TV Theme' compilation that this wonderful theme tune calls home. I did stumble on this lounge version by Jerry Allen.

I'd love to find the original version. The Denim version is close and I got The Delaware Road comp but didn't like the Loose Capacitor version.

I was very surprised that Matt Berry didn't do a version on hi
                      s Television Themes LP, maybe if he does a second one.

So does this Theme in it's original version exist on vinyl ? !

I'll continue to look - in the mean time here is Jerry

- - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

Working...
                      X