John barry - 'americans' lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John barry - 'americans' lp

Picked up a copy of the John Barry 'Americans' LP on Polydor (1976) yesterday. I did some research on it via the 'net and one guy had it on his eBay stores list for US $420.00!

It can't be worth that much, so can anyone give me a rough idea of its value and some background info if possible on this album? Thanks!

haven't got the reference books handy, but it sounds like that seller has an old McNally's price guide where you can divide any price by 10 and it'll be about right.

talking to a lot of OST dealers they all say the same thing - john barry records don't sell ('cept maybe Ipcress)
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Good point Ed, I agree with ya - JB's don't sell particularily well, especially when priced up to the max RC Book prices !

I bought a copy of JB's "The Whisperers" for a fiver last week, a tenth of the book value. And, after listening to it, I'm glad I didn't pay any more! No way as good as "Ipcress"....
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Then can i ask why theyre always priced so fookin' high?, i aggree wi' you Sie 'n' Ed. His work veers from full on orchestral to downright boring to 'some' decent stuff in amongst it all, you really gotta 'listen b4 you buy' with his gear. Oooh! Matron!.
        derelicts of dialect

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone!

'Americans' is not actually a soundtrack album, it's a jazz LP John Barry recorded while he was staying in the U.S and features the talents of guys like Artie Kane and Ronnie Lang.

I'm not generally a big fan of John Barry (Roy Budd is my man when it come to UK OST's) but 'Americans' has some nice orignal tunes in the form of 'Scorpio' and 'Strip Drive'. It was mint and only £4 so I didn't leave it!

Comment

Working...
          X