Todays bootin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays bootin

Drove back to brighton and I stopped off at a couple of booters along the way.

Saw possibly the most warped records I have ever seen in my life. 'All records a pound love'. 'But they're all warped from the sun' 'still a pound love - they were £2 last week'....groan.

Anyway I gots...

Affinity S/T (vertigo). Very happy to get this - no cover but it was a wallet crushing 10p. Massive funky prog with lashings of hammond - check that 'All along the watchtower' cover.

Studio 2 Sampler (fith thousandth copy) - The good one with the Illustrated London Noise Track etc. again broke the wallet.

Stewpots pop party - I really didnt want this but the guy gave it to me for free. errr cheers! Very very very bad. Has a couple of T Rex anthems too.

Sounds Like Hits No 2 - Hurdy Gurdy Man and Jumpin Jack Flash covers...er not that good. Mony Mony is ok - has a 'break'.

John Handy - Carnival - Did someone chart this aaages back or something? Because as soon as I saw the sax waving jester on horseback deja vu kicked in. Well its kind of smoooooth over produced jazz funk with some sax warblings. Some of its ok - does me 'ed in the rest.

Childrens TV Themes (Contour) - Groovy Star Trek etc.

Mis-Teeq   My 50p got me 2 bangin mis-teeq 12's. I'm so urban flava now. ya git me?

Top Of The Pops - Blokey above gave me this free. Well worth picking up for 'Brontosaurus'. Kicks off with some beefy rock drums and heavy riffs - quite a daft rocker. Is this Trex in disguise or something!?!?

Oh and check this page. Someone is sadder then us.

http://www.geocities.com/crappopmaster/

Hits Again (MFP) - More freebies. Very poor.

Then stopped off in town to try 'cross the tracks' as they sometimes get good stuff. Spotted a box of kpm's and got stuck in. Pulled out a few -

Drama Montage - Bruton - Always escapes me why this sells for proper money. Really don't rate this.

Modern Africa - Bruton - very late - 84. Im sure its obsidiwhatver on this. Kind of afro synth funk. Check brian bennett out aphex twinning aphex twin on his track. Mental. Seen this on ebay bigged up in the ILLSICK category...be warned.

Big Business/Wind of Change - KPM (Double) - Some nice grooves and loops to yoink - seen this on ILLBREAKBEATJIGGY lists for wonga. nice but not more then fiver nice.

And some other bits.

Cops N' Robbers - Button Down Brass - Not bad but not great.

Had more fun on the beach perving like a good proper dirty old man anyways  
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

had great plans to go booting...but I was running a big ol&#39; club night - started running around at midday and didn&#39;t get in till 5.30 in the morning. forget it&#33; maybe next week&#33;
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 11 2003,01:22)]Oh and check this page. Someone is sadder then us.

Oi&#33; Less of that&#33;&#33;

Anyway, nobody is sadder than me when it comes to covers LPs&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

(Actually, I&#39;m not sure whether I&#39;ve got that &#39;Sounds Like Hits 2&#39; - if I haven&#39;t and you want to get shot of it, do let me know)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 11 2003,01:22)]Stewpots pop party - I really didnt want this but the guy gave it to me for free. errr cheers&#33; Very very very bad. Has a couple of T Rex anthems too.
        &#39;Oranges &amp; Lemons&#39; on this is actually pretty funky.... and the gatefold contains a drawing of the campest tiger *ever*. So, in my book, well worth y&#39;50p.
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Aug. 11 2003,02:21)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 11 2003,01:22)]Oh and check this page. Someone is sadder then us.

Anyway, nobody is sadder than me when it comes to covers LPs&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

(Actually, I&#39;m not sure whether I&#39;ve got that &#39;Sounds Like Hits 2&#39; - if I haven&#39;t and you want to get shot of it, do let me know)
          Is that your site Lord T???

If it is...well you sir are hardcore&#33; Anyone that is trying to collect 90 odd TOTP lp&#39;s is a nutter.

Comment

Mr Thames - if it your site I notice it&#39;s lacking the Top of the Poppers Plat the Hits of T Rex - if you would like this let me know because I never find occasion to spin it these days.

Serms - want to trade for this?

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]Big Business/Wind of Change - KPM (Double) - Some nice grooves and loops to yoink - seen this on ILLBREAKBEATJIGGY lists for wonga. nice but not more then fiver nice.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

hey lee. Sure its yours matey. I&#39;ll throw it in with the other bits I owe ya.

Comment

This weekend started badly as I got totally battered on Friday night      and   ... and the rest &#33;

Saturday morning, looked like   so stayed in bed. Did eventually surface long enough to sell some LS001 45&#39;s in Newcastle. In a very delicate kinda way... hadn&#39;t got the stomach for hagglin&#39; &#33;&#33;

Sunday morning I got to three booters and netted some Laurie Johnson, Neil Norman, Ohio Players, Meters, Funky Junction and Staple Sisters...

... most intriguing piece was an album on Vertigo, British group from 1975 called &quot;90 Degree Diversion&quot; (or something similar, I can&#39;t remember sat here at work), reggae styles produced by Eddy Grant with extra Moog-wibbliness also provided by Mr Grant. Just had time for one quick spin yesterday afternoon, sounded like there was one decent track.... will have a proper listen tonight...

...also, as I left the third booter the sky turned so black the street lights came on and, whilst sat at traffic lights desperately trying to escape this bastard-of-a-storm, was only 15 metres away from another direct lightening strike &#33; Absolutely kakked my pants &#33; Thats twice now in the past three months I&#39;ve nearly been bloody hit &#33;

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 11 2003,10:08)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Aug. 11 2003,02:21)]
                  Originally posted by [b

Is that your site Lord T???

If it is...well you sir are hardcore&#33; Anyone that is trying to collect 90 odd TOTP lp&#39;s is a nutter.  
                  No, it&#39;s not my site - actually that bloke&#39;s got some I haven&#39;t got&#33; They&#39;re getting harder to find, too.....gawd knows why. There can&#39;t be that many covers LP fans out there....can there?

I&#39;ve been doing some research on the LPs, which will hopefully bear fruit in some articles for this very site.......I&#39;m not covering all 90-odd TOTPs though, I do have a life&#33; No really, I do. Honest......

I would be very interested in that &#39;Top Of The Poppers Play T-Rex&#39; - I&#39;ve never even seen that one&#33;

Comment

Working...
                  X