Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Happy Monday to all.

Getting ready to stick some more stuff on the evil 'Bay (I know, I know, but my knee operation won't pay for itself and I don't want to end up marrying Paul McCartney).

So, when clearing out the rack in readiness, I thought that this lot may be of interest to some. If not, they just go off to the charity shops and the wondrous cycle of vinyl nature begins once more.

First come, first served, just the price of your postage is all I require.

So:

Big Jim H - "Hammond Organ Dance Party" (SGA)

Brian 'The Legend' Cant - "A Visit To Trumpton" (MFP)

Electronic Concept Orchestra - "Electric Love" (Limelight)

John Williams - "Bridges" (Lotus)

Mystic Moods Orchestra - "English Muffins" (Phillips)

Peddlers - "The Fantastic..." (Fontana)

Pepe Jaramillo - "Mexican Voodoo" (EMI/Studio2)

Sergio Mendes & Brasil '77 - "Live" (MFP)

The Aquarius - "Hair" (Marble Arch)

Young Generation - "S/T" (RCA)

- "Hammond Fever" (Deacon)

OK, so there's no KPMs in there, but what do you want for free?

Benicio
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Brian 'The Legend' Cant - "A Visit To Trumpton" (MFP)

ben, can i nab these two off you?

Comment

Hi Ben - I, being ever the scrounger, would like these two if poss:

Mystic Moods Orchestra - "English Muffins" (Phillips)

I'll paypal or cheque you the damage.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Howdy

I'm well tempted by the following two, where are you sending form (I'm in ireland) - just so I can assess the likely damage.

Big Jim H - "Hammond Organ Dance Party" (SGA)

Peddlers - "The Fantastic..." (Fontana)

Cheers

M
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Aug. 11 2003,15:20)]Pepe Jaramillo - "Mexican Voodoo" (EMI/Studio2)
          The Aquarius - "Hair" (Marble Arch)
          Could I make a request for these ??
          Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Blimey I need to be quicker off the mark . . . can I put in a request for this solitary fella . . .

Young Generation - "S/T" (RCA)
            Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

that Trumpton record is bloody fantastic. it's beautiful. folky and wistful. genius.
              http://www.blaxploitation.com
              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!! You lads are dead quick!!

So, by the scores on the doors (and those whose fingers were quickest on the buttons),

Wooly gets Trumpton and Electronic Concept Orch., Lee gets Mystic Moods, ETC gets Big Jim H and Peddlers (I'm in Nottingham, England by the way), Brother L steals Pepe Jaramillo and The Aquarius and Mr H gets Young Generation.

Soz Rich, you were that bit too slow and my Yahoo! account was choc-a with spam, so I didn't find your mail 'til too late.

I know I post at difficult times for some of you to reply and get a fair chance at grabbing these LPs, but I prefer to mail while I'm at work, on the lovely broadband connection (BT hasn't quite updated the rural Notts exchanges yet).

Anyway, after a quick flick through some more vinyl last night, would anyone like to take a punt at:

Rogier Van Otterloo - 'Moods' (CBS)
                Rogier Van Otterloo - 'French Collection' (Polydor)
                Alan Tew - 'Don't Look At Me...' (4ED/Pye)

They're decent records, but I'd rather listen to Jane's Addiction at the moment!

By the way, all are in VG condition. There'll be the odd bit of surface noise, I wouldn't waste none of your time with tat.

Benicio

PS Giving stuff away is good for the soul - I feel cleansed!
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Wow I'd definitly be interested in a bit of Otterloo. Never seen any of them over here. I'd probably best not be greedy though and so maybe I should just ask for one unless there isn;t much interest. Leading to the obvious question of which is better?

The only Dutch people in ireland are hippies who moved out to the west to run organic farms. And also a mate of mine's Mum but she doesn't have any records.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Aug. 12 2003,10:44)]Rogier Van Otterloo - 'Moods' (CBS)
                    Can I be cheeky and stick my name on this? Benicio, mail me your address and I'll try and get something in the post for you.
                    Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Aug. 12 2003,10:44)]Soz Rich, you were that bit too slow and my Yahoo! account was choc-a with spam, so I didn't find your mail 'til too late.
                      Arse! That'll teach me to be quicker out of the blocks...    

When're your auctions going up Benicio?
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

If Moods has gone I'd certainly be interested in The French Collection - might appeal to my French wife as well.

John Peel

Comment

Erm, I hope to get some auction action going on this weekend, if I find the time. I was going to wait til a free listing day, but I did that last time around and eBay still charged me and when I complained they denied that I listed them on a free listing day. Sometimes I think they're right wankers!

Anyway, as I explained to Serms, I was advised to alter my ID on there to cut down on spam and fraudulent e-mail, which I have (and it worked&#33. I am now known as son_of_cantona. I'm not really the son of Dieu, he's only about 4 years older than me. But I can dream.

I've not got anything as tasty as Sermad's last set of gobsmackers, I've got a bit of East European stuff, some prog, Harold McNair's self-titled LP, some charity shop stuff that Boogiejuice would start at a tenner that I'll start at 50p!, a few soundtracks (Diamond Mercenaries, Cotton Comes To Harlem, Turk's Fruit). Just odds and sods that I pick up when I'm browsing.

I'll get the LPs in their respective mailers and weigh them up for you all and let you know what the damage will be. Brother L gets 'Moods' and ETC scams 'French Collection'.

Benicio

PS Ashley Cole is a cunt.
                          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

i'd be after that Alan Tew please Ben!

Comment

Thanks

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X