Another keith mansfield production.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another keith mansfield production.

Picked this up in a charity the other day along with some other bits, it's a 7" on the Sonet label by Peter Gosling from 1970 called 'Peace' b/w 'Values' (altho' it's misspelt on my copy as 'Valves' ) produced 'an arranged by the great Kieth Mansfield 'imself , as it aint that bad, kinda psych soul/funk/hippie kitch period piece, with that typical lush Mansfield production, i was wonderin' if an lp exists?, any clues anyone?
    derelicts of dialect

'Peace' is actually a track from the legendary KPM LP 'Music For A Young Generation' (KPM 1086) - this is very interesting, as I didn't know it ever had a commercial release.
    The KPM LP didn't come out till 1971 either! I wonder if it's the same recording?
    I'm listening to it now, and it sounds like Madeline Bell is one of the backing singers too, with Herbie Flowers on bass, and probably The Hawk on organ. 'Values' isn't on the LP.
    What a top find!!!

Comment

Right, cheers Si, 'Values' is actually the better of the two tracks, more uptempo with some fookin' groovy organ work (the Hawk??), and nice orchestrations from the brother Mansfield. Maybe one fer yer next tape mate?.::
      derelicts of dialect

Comment

Ooh yes, that'd be nice!
        If you want a tape of 'Music For A Young Generation', let me know!

Comment

Cheers dude!!!
          derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]'Peace' is actually a track from the legendary KPM LP 'Music For A Young Generation' (KPM 1086) - this is very interesting, as I didn't know it ever had a commercial release.
            The KPM LP didn't come out till 1971 either! I wonder if it's the same recording?
            I'm listening to it now, and it sounds like Madeline Bell is one of the backing singers too, with Herbie Flowers on bass, and probably The Hawk on organ. 'Values' isn't on the LP.
            What a top find!!!
            Bits of that KPM appear on both the Ugly Custard and Hungry Wolf lps - I think "Peace" is on Hungry Wolf but called something different.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Oh yeh, i forgot, also picked up a copy of 'The world of radio themes' on Decca from '72 at the same time, looked fookin' crap but noticed on the back a couple of interestin' bits like
              Syd Dale orchestra's 'cmon in' fookin' blindin track worth the 50p entrance fee alone!, and nice tracks from Norm Candler, 'an Jurgen Hermann's Dancin' Strings, there's even a good Frank Chacksfield track 'n' all ('Sunshine&#39 top vfm!.
              derelicts of dialect

Comment

yeah fella's, it's deffo the same track, i'd recognise Madelines choppers at a hundred paces, bless 'er.
                derelicts of dialect

Comment

I've got the whole LPs by Jurgen Hermann and Norman Candler if you want tapes - I've also got a test pressing of side one of 'The World Of Radio Themes'! Very nice LP, actually.

The Syd Dale track is another KPM job that got released as a single - I don't have that KPM LP, which is annoying as I'm a massive Syd Dale fan!
                  Don't have Ugly Custard or Hungry Wolf for that matter.....

Comment

Cheers matey, heh heh i know what yer mean tho', Syd Dale is a fookin' genius in my book, now, where the hell does that 'Values' track come from then??, left over from the same session??, actually it says on the label "arranged and produced by Keith Mansfield for Expansive sound productions"
                    and underneath "Expansive sound" .
                    derelicts of dialect

Comment

Forget me.

Sorry Im a bit thick today...

actually - I remembered! Lord Thames - if you need any amphonic tracklisting info then shout at me ok. Think Ive got all the bleeders yellow AMPS and mood of the blue Moodsetters now.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Eh&#33;
                        derelicts of dialect

Comment

surely not peter gosling, who was involved in the musical direction of &quot;play school&quot; and who (i&#39;m pretty damn sure) wrote the theme to &quot;roobarb&quot; ?

Comment

Must be the same fella, he&#39;s got the writing credits, but i didn&#39;t know he sang as well, very fookin&#39; strange???
                            oh &#39;an i&#39;m reet jealous of all them Amphonics yer got mate, makes my little collection look fookin&#39; pitifull. sobs
                            derelicts of dialect

Comment

Don&#39;t be jealous. Most of them are...crap&#33; Ok. crap is harsh. Not to my select musical taste would be more apt.
                              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                              X