Ebonite Records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonite Records

Just found a sealed copy of Intimate Disco Album One. Worth having a cig and opening it? Or should I just flog it unopened? Maybe it's just me, but I hate breaking the almighty seal on records I turn out to hate.
    http://hidingplaceplace.com/

Originally posted by beddoes
    Worth having a cig and opening it?
    That would very much depend on whether you want to hear what it sounds like or not.....
    Endless Tripe

Comment

One question only - are you a Disco fan at all?

Just found a sealed copy of Intimate Disco Album One. Worth having a cig and opening it? Or should I just flog it unopened? Maybe it's just me, but I hate breaking the almighty seal on records I turn out to hate.
      That's all ya need to consider - the answer should then make itself apparent...

Rez (smug clever dick bastard)
      My three boyz...

Comment

So you've never asked another person's opinion about buying a record before? How is this different? I thought that was one of the VV raisons d'etre. It'll fetch more sealed, and if folks who know a lot more about this label think it's not very good, I'd rather just flog it to a completist.

This was in reply to Son of Stan!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark the Res
          That's all ya need to consider - the answer should then make itself apparent...

Rez (smug clever dick bastard)
          I like my disco now and then, but I was more intrigued by the mention of "pure raw funk" in the description on the back.

Comment

So you've never asked another person's opinion about buying a record before?
            Sorry mate. I understood from your first post that you'd already bought it. Hence the confusion. No offence, eh?
            Endless Tripe

Comment

what are the tracks on it?

reason I ask is that I've had four or five 12's from the label, mostly pretty ropey IMO, didn't know there was an album though....

and I'd pass on the cigs if I were you too...
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

and I'd pass on the cigs if I were you too... [/QUOTE]

I know, I know... Another New Year's resolution down the drain before February.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
                  what are the tracks on it?

reason I ask is that I've had four or five 12's from the label, mostly pretty ropey IMO, didn't know there was an album though....

and I'd pass on the cigs if I were you too...
                  The tracks are Maiden Voyage, Butterfat, Feel Like Making Love -so a 12", but I couldn't tell until I opened it... No tracklisting on the sleeve, just the promise of "hypnotic beats and pure raw funk". I dunno, their Butterfat sure ain't disco but I don't know that I'd call it pure raw funk... See, now I wish I hadn't opened it! And a kind soul even advised me not to!

Comment

The tracks are Maiden Voyage, Butterfat, Feel Like Making Love -so a 12", but I couldn't tell until I opened it... No tracklisting on the sleeve, just the promise of "hypnotic beats and pure raw funk". I dunno, their Butterfat sure ain't disco but I don't know that I'd call it pure raw funk... See, now I wish I hadn't opened it! And a kind soul even advised me not to!
                    now that is weird. I've got 'Butterfat' on a 12", EE 7002, with two other tracks - 'Who Can I Turn To?', and 'Turn Down Day', all credited to the Mugwumps... no picture cover though...
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

The blue and white cover reads "Intimate Disco Album 1". The back cover is blank but for this:

"All of the many creative Disco sounds and moods have been captured on this new Intimate Disco series from its subtle hypnotic beats to pure raw funk, this Disco series keeps on punching from the first album on. Ebonite has especially designed each album to segway from one Disco mood to another. You will not find any of these Disco cuts on any other Disco album anywhere. The exciting new intimate disco series exclusively on Ebonite Records."

Hmm. Starts with a run-on sentence, ends with a sentence fragment. Maybe that's why they dropped the blurb.

No credit for Mugwumps on label. E 102. New York address...

Comment

Sheesh!

Never mind...ya only $20 down....

Rez
                        My three boyz...

Comment

a nice curry, some naan, a mango lassi and a beer

Originally posted by Mark the Res
                          Never mind...ya only $20 down....

Rez
                          That's what I just lost for not heeding your advice. I'm going to bed without supper!

Comment

Ebonite E106 "Waves"

anybody know this?

picked it up today for 1€

side a is not my cup of tea, but "Song for you I + II" is a nice & tasteful spacey soul groover..

One question left unanswered: Who is this guy "brujo"? Can't seem to find anything on him (and not much on that "ebonite" label) on the web...

Was this a commercial release? Cover looks pretty generic to me; don't think anybody would have picked this from the racks in the 70s. But if it is a promo, did anything featured on it get out commercially? And for a 12" disco label, there's hardly anything that qualifies as a four-to-the-floor stomper (only b1, "Lover", vaguely reminds of disco).

Strange record.... anyone got a clue what this is supposed to be?

Comment

Working...
                            X