Quantix soul remix sunshine anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantix soul remix sunshine anderson

Sunshine Anderson, heard it all before (quantic soul orchestra remix)

been seeing this on playlists etc but never seen this in the flesh. Any good. Where can I get one?
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

I think it's alright...but not a patch on the Og. IMHO.

Peace

P.
    Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Hi. I'm liking this track alot. After reading the glowing review it got in Grandslam I was a bit disappointed in the other tracks on this e.p. but the 'heard it all before' remix is well nice.
      I got mine at Picadilly Records, Manchester but I think Fat City also have some.

Comment

I'm well into the Quantic mix - saved my bacon on Friday night when a load of Vin Diesel lookalike blokes kept asking me for 'R&B'

That and Beyonce, natch

You could try emailing [email protected] and see if they'll sell you one direct ...

Rubs
        FunkyDown
        Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (tomj @ Aug. 16 2003,21:48)]Hi. I'm liking this track alot.  After reading the glowing review it got in Grandslam I was a bit disappointed in the other tracks on this e.p. but the 'heard it all before' remix is well nice.
          I got mine at Picadilly Records, Manchester but I think Fat City also have some.
          Hmmmm, Grandslam and their undying love for anything out of Nottingham that begins with a P... they need to be a little more careful if they wanna keep selling copies to folk who live outside the 'bronx'!
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

The other tracks are not that hot. I wouldnt call this a remix either - I would call it a bootleg rather like in the Rubberfunk Vs De la soul sense
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 18 2003,14:40)]I wouldnt call this a remix either - I would call it a bootleg rather like in the Rubberfunk Vs De la soul sense
              God, and I thought I was bad
              FunkyDown

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Aug. 18 2003,14:15)]Hmmmm, Grandslam and their undying love for anything out of Nottingham that begins with a P... they need to be a little more careful if they wanna keep selling copies to folk who live outside the &#39;bronx&#39;&#33;
                It&#39;s sad really isn&#39;t it? You should see what actually passes for &#39;The Bronx&#39; as well&#33;&#33; Radford may well be disadvantaged and all that, but it&#39;s not City of God&#33; And the closest association some of the Nottingham artists have with Radford is seeing buses that go there. The desperate bids for &#39;authenticity&#39; are pitiful, why not just admit that your daddy was a bank manager and you were brought up in the lap of luxury? Or would that exclude you from the club you wish to be part of while it helps you get &#39;props&#39; but you will jettison the minute you decide to settle down and get on with your &#39;proper&#39; jobs?

I&#39;ve said it before, Grandslam, like Big Daddy before them have created a scene that only really exists within their clique, and have appointed themselves therefore as the coolest people in the scene. They are not cool. At all. Using their own media outlet to pat themselves on the back is the only way they could ever have got cachet.

Rant over.

Benicio Del Toffo

P.S. Not all of the Nottingham inhabitants are twats. And I&#39;m only a bit of a twat myself.
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I&#39;m glad I&#39;m not the only one sick to death of Nottingham artist interviews in Big Daddy/Grand Slam. Mind you I probably chose the wrong person when I griped to Sie about it&#33;

If anyone wants I could write an indepth article on Newmarket&#39;s first Breakdancing crew - Crucial Moves, that would be of great interest to me and the other 10 people in the West Suffolk area that remember them......
                  He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Aug. 18 2003,16:02)]I&#39;ve said it before, Grandslam, like Big Daddy before them have created a scene that only really exists within their clique, and have appointed themselves therefore as the coolest people in the scene. They are not cool. At all. Using their own media outlet to pat themselves on the back is the only way they could ever have got cachet.
                    I totally see where you&#39;re coming from Ben, there is without a shadow of doubt far, far too much Nottingham focus in that mag, and they really DO have to change that up a little if they want to reach out to all people, or it does all end up looking a bit eliteist and short-sighted.  

But I do have to say that in my experience Bones (joint editor) would be the last person to claim he was some sort of cool &#39;scenester&#39;. I&#39;ve always found him admirably humble and level-headed about what he does to be honest. I&#39;ve also met the mag designer, Simon, who I found easy-going, funny, and genuine. They recently came to Sheffield when Bones dj&#39;d here and they were far more interested in finding out about other people than talking about themselves.

They&#39;re not all &#39;Notts Bronx&#39;.. just thought I should make the point.
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Or perhaps write something about Kingston.

So far we&#39;ve got DJ Vadim, Mark B, Juliano Creators, Dr Rubberfunk, Meat Katie, Dylan Rhymes, Vogado Projects and the Fluid Ounce label, ATFC, Onephatdeeva, Chris Bangs, Dave Jarvis and the Faith soundsystem, Neil Bogart (percussionist for Eric Morillo), Salman Monteiro (Producers as F.I.T.S. and remixed by the Idjut Boys), errr and me&#33;

As well as quite a few up and coming producers and DJs - all within a 5 mile radius.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ Aug. 18 2003,13:53)]You could try emailing [email protected] and see if they&#39;ll sell you one direct ...

Rubs
                        I think it&#39;s [email protected] . &#39;Rebutz&#39; was a typo in Grandslam.

Comment

Although there is a bit too much Notts bronx bollocks in the mag for my liking, I&#39;ve always thought much of all that was employed to fill pages, rather than systematically construct an ego empire of UK hip hop... I guess if they were gonna be that ruthless, they&#39;d be in sales or something, so I&#39;m giving them my benefit of the doubt prize for this week, figuring that it can&#39;t be easy taking on such a focussed publication like that - focussed as in small scene, limited audience etc...

However, yeah, giving the full props to one of those shitty remix things on that Rebutz 12 and not mentioning the QSA track at all was unbelievable&#33;

The other comment for Grandslam was on the interview. It was entertaining enough, Dubose knows plenty of amusing anecdotes, particularly loved the idea of all these gun toting dudes going &#39;aw George&#33;&#39; when he told them to put the guns away&#33; But did anyone else not actually rate his work though? I think it&#39;s all really flat and a bit boring to be quite honest...

On a related note: What do you reckon is the best designed hip hop cover? The nominations are: Not many&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 18 2003,14:40)]The other tracks are not that hot. I wouldnt call this a remix either - I would call it a bootleg rather like in the Rubberfunk Vs De la soul sense
                            Unless I&#39;m mistaken, Quantic recorded that music to go with Anderson&#39;s acappella. That makes it a remix in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Aug. 18 2003,17:46)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 18 2003,14:40)]The other tracks are not that hot. I wouldnt call this a remix either - I would call it a bootleg rather like in the Rubberfunk Vs De la soul sense
                              Unless I&#39;m mistaken, Quantic recorded that music to go with Anderson&#39;s acappella. That makes it a remix in my book.
                              You&#39;re right - I&#39;d call it a remix too.
                              FunkyDown

Comment

Working...
                              X