Juanito et sa orchestre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juanito et sa orchestre

Picked up a copy of this record and it sounds very familiar to Janko Nilovic's stuff. Any info?

about 3 banging tracks on it too, a nice record (pity about the cheesy trumpet). used to be easy to find in france but not any more. think it was on Riviera, which was a library/TV/film sub-label of Barclay... so maybe... iueke would probably know
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (theeman @ Aug. 21 2003,16:14)]think it was on Riviera, which was a library/TV/film sub-label of Barclay...
      I think Riviera were just an ordinary commercial offshoot of Barclay, rather than a library label.

Actually, all the Barclay records I've seen were British pressings, with the Riviera ones coming from France - seeing as how they've got virtually identical label designs (the ones that look like they've had something spilled on them), I wonder if the Barclay name was ever used in France, or did they always favour Riviera?

None of which is any use to you, of course, but never mind.....

Comment

I'm fairly sure Ive got some french Barclays. But don't quote me on that.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

So I guess it&#39;s quite rare now.. How much is it worth?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 21 2003,17:30)]I&#39;m fairly sure Ive got some french Barclays. But don&#39;t quote me on that.
            Yes, I&#39;ve definitely got French Barclays (and French Canadian Barclays too, where they licensed all sorts of weirdness). Riviera&#39;s an odd label though... some really rare stuff (45s particularly, like obscure OST themes) and some not too hard to find bits of an easy-funk style, like this album.

A French dealer sells this LP for about 20 quid - they were really hot a couple of years back when they were going for quite a lot more.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Working...
            X