Sylvia vrethammar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvia vrethammar

Well, I'm blowed - picked up her 1974 LP on Sonet to make up the numbers in a '4 for £1' deal expecting nothing, and there's a great little mid-tempo conga/hammond/flute take on 'The Beat Goes On' that's well worth your 50p. I thought I was beyond being surprised at where decent tracks turn up, but from the 'Y Viva Espana' girl? Go figure, eh?
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

And I quite like the attempt at the fabs "Carry That Weight".
    If anyone wants to belive it with their own ears give me a shout as I have couple of spares which can go free to good homes.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Errr, yes please LDJB, ever the cheeky sod i'll sort you out the postage this time mate.
      derelicts of dialect

Comment

Wayne mate, what were the other 3 lp's, just out of interest llooooiiike!.
        derelicts of dialect

Comment

You mean the other 7 LPs, making it up to £2 in total!! Actually, a fairly decent haul: 2 Duke Ellingtons (Concert in the Virgin Isles & Peer Gynt Suite), Thad Jones & Mel Lewis' 'Consummation' on Blue Note, a Dave Pell mambo selection on Tops, A Big Jim 'H' with 'Blues For Keyboard', an Edmundo Ros (Dancing With Edmundo - nowt on it at all, but a great cheesy cover shot featuring Ed in a cardigan cha cha cha-ing round his own living room) & an 80s re-ish of Earth Wind & Fire's 'Open Our Eyes'... frankly, I'd have happily paid triple that just for the 'Consummation' (Ahunk Ahunk is the business) so the rest's all gravy... all from my favourite Age Concern in a secret Notts location!
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

was meaning to ask if there was anything else good on Sonet besides that Pussycat 'Do It' b-side... good to see that there is!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Aug. 24 2003,12:27)]was meaning to ask if there was anything else good on Sonet besides that Pussycat 'Do It' b-side... good to see that there is!
              man dont front on sonet!

theres loads of nice stuff! egba, funky team, iron office, november, resa, jukka tolonen... etc etc

Comment

But none of those released in the Uk as far as I'm aware

Comment

I have a spare of Jukka Tolonen -"A passenger to Paramaribo". -Sonet 1978

Comment

Working...
                  X