Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

just a message to say thanks for all the vinyl people have send recently via trades etc, i've lost track of who's sent what, so it's become impossible to thank everyone individually, someone sent me a steel band lp and a great CD comp with tracks from thailand, a pete moore track etc, who was that? get in touch soon.

cheers
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

I'd just like to say thanks to you HM for the massive box of covers LPs that turned up here a couple of days ago - very generous of you, gawd bless yer, guv'nor! I'll keep my eyes out for anything you might want in future.

Comment

no problem lord thames, glad to pass them on to a fellow vulture, hope you enjoy them.

Comment

Yeah I want to throw a thank you out there to all of you pepoles that helped me learn a little something something about SGA's, Keith Mansfield, libraries, etc.
        and just lie Happy Monster, I am always ready to do some mo'

Comment

hi mr monster...glad to hear you recieved the steel band album and the comp cd
          hope you enjoyed the thai trax..pretty good hey! wish i had more like that
          and the pete moore (the drifters) absolute classic
          ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

Comment

thanks for getting in touch, i've just played your cd again, the whole cd is great, love the 2 thai tracks, great funky butlins/pete moore tracks & your tribute to vivian stanshall is brilliant, although i must confess i don't know who vivian stanshall is, i could search on google, but i'll leave it to you to explain it to me, i hope to return the favour by sending you a cd comp once i've got my new computer set up to record cdr's.

cheers HM

Comment

Vivian Stanshall...ah, now we're talking! One of the main men in The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band and creator of 'Sir Henry At Rawlinson End' (among many other things) the best way I can think of describing him is as a sort of musical Peter Cook, but way more eccentric...made some great parodic psych type records that work as mind-mangling psych as well as comedy: they just don't make 'em like him anymore...
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Just read his biog, "Ginger Geezer" - an excellent read!
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

thanks wayne, i shoulda known that really being a psych music fan, my bro's a big bonzo's fan i'm sure he'll educate me further.

Comment

can't believe youv'e never heard sir henry....go and get yourself a copy pronto ::
                    if you can't find one i'll sent you a cdr no probs.........
                    ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

Comment

got a couple of spares of Bonzos albums in my 'Trades' post if you're interested. excellent stuff...

Comment

Working...
                      X