Big ben hawaiian band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big ben hawaiian band

Just got the 'Music For The Two Of You' on Polydor today. Has the fairly decent 'Satisfaction' cover from the Power Pack lp...but the real surprise was the 'Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In' cover credited to the Big Ben Hawaiian Band.

The cover really isn't anything amazing - fairly groovy, very orchestrated but its got this little break that is pretty heavy considering what comes before and after!

I've sampled it for you all.

http://sermad.com/mp3/LetTheSunshineIn.mp3

Anyone know what lp it came from? Maybe a COS release?
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

I had the LP in my June chart - it&#39;s not too bad&#33;
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

ha hah. So you did. Blind ole me.

Comment

Perhaps this should be in Norrie Paramor&#39;s &#39;Lords Of Lounge&#39; bit, seeing as how Norrie was &#39;Big Ben&#39; himself.

Comment

Oops, I just chucked the Circle Of Sound one into my local charity shop... Despite Nick Ingman involvement it HAD to go. If it re-surfaces should I get you it???
          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

yes please mr Divine. I still need EVERYTHING nick has played,composed,arranged on...

Comment

Everything? Now there&#39;s a challenge&#33; Here&#39;s a rough list of some of the more recent beneficiaries - everyone from Portishead to Sting .

http://www.blazemusic.co.uk/Nick_Ingman.html

Amazing...

Saw a couple of Reader&#39;s Digest LPs from a box recently, featuring orchestral versions of 70s UK/US hits, with a few Ingman Orchestra &amp; Chorus tracks on them...If you&#39;re interested, I&#39;ll go check them &amp; pick them up for you. A few interesting titles but mostly in the definitely cheesy spectrum...
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
              X