Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bongolia
    replied
    Mrs Miller was a terrible singer... Mrs Mills was everyone's favourite cockerney knees-up ivory tinkler. no competition there i feel.

talking of Mrs Mills, i love the idea of all the easy 'meets' albums, like 'Geoff Love Meets Mrs Mills' (as if one alone isn't bad enough...) or 'Pepe Jamarillo meets Manuel and the Music of the Mountains' - particularly nice when one or more of the named is imaginary...

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Er, isn't it the Mike Morton Combination? i.e. trading off Mike Curb's 'rep' like Mrs. Miller did Mrs. Mills??? They even covered 'Burning Bridges'. Very badly...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ Aug. 26 2003,10:37)]I got an lp called Non Stop Top 20 by Mike Morton Congregation. Mike Morton himself plays guitar. Its all early 70's covers - with something of a rock angle (Bangladesh (or Bong Ladesh as they sing), Wont Get Fooled Again) though there'sa  pretty funky Move On Up on it too.

Any ideas anyone.
    There are loads of these Lps out there... I think that they used to release someonething like one a month for a while. For me it's the usual...'check the tracklisting, if there is anything that looks good get it', so there are probably loads of good ones that I've never picked because they didn't *sound* funky.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    started a topic Mike morton congregation

Mike morton congregation

I got an lp called Non Stop Top 20 by Mike Morton Congregation. Mike Morton himself plays guitar. Its all early 70's covers - with something of a rock angle (Bangladesh (or Bong Ladesh as they sing), Wont Get Fooled Again) though there'sa  pretty funky Move On Up on it too.

Any ideas anyone.
Working...
X