No announcement yet.

Charley Says - background music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you ever throw a frisbee into an electrical substation though?

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
      did you ever throw a frisbee into an electrical substation though?
      No, I saw that one too.
      I could have used the following PIFS though:
      Don't Smoke Your First Cigarette While Walking on Thin Ice on the Local Canal
      Don't Let Old Men Show You Something in Nottingham Broadmarsh Centre carpark.
      Don't Try and Unhook a Pike Without a Gag and Disgorger.
      Look Ahead, Not Over Your Shoulder, While Cycling up to parked Removal Vans.
      Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post

No, I saw that one too.
        I could have used the following PIFS though:
        Don't Smoke Your First Cigarette While Walking on Thin Ice on the Local Canal
        Don't Let Old Men Show You Something in Nottingham Broadmarsh Centre carpark.
        Don't Try and Unhook a Pike Without a Gag and Disgorger.
        Look Ahead, Not Over Your Shoulder, While Cycling up to parked Removal Vans.
        Pretty sure you never saw, 'Don't Try To Buy Less Than One Hundred Blank CDs In 2018', either.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Someone should do a BBC local radio interview with people who were featured in PIFs as children. Not all are still alive - Terry Sue-Patt who was in Lonely Water is now dead - but some of their reactions to the PIF fan cultists would be interesting to hear. The woman who was the little girl "Sal" in Andy Lights the Fire, is probably hurt by the comments online making fun of her strong accent as a child.

Comment

I would genuinely love to do that (and I am a radio man, though as I work in local commercial radio I may not be for much longer) - welcome, and thanks for posting. I hope you don't mind revisiting your earlier work too much!

Comment

Thank you. Again the use of children in PIFs/PSAs (and political adverts) is worth exploring in a feature on radio or TV.

Comment

This is the female child version of a well known British PSA (they did a male child version as well). The man doing the voice over is in a lot of British adverts and PIFs from this period.

Comment

Working...
                X