Dance centre educational records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance centre educational records

I've managed to find three good titles on this label, all are Jazz/funk instrumentals for use in teaching 'Modern Dance' released some time in the 70's. The titles I have are:

Molly Molloy - Rock Dance (DCG006)

Nikki Cole - Contemporary Dance Beginners Vol 1 (DC020)

Nikki Cole - Elementary Modern Dance (DC023)

Dance Centre was based in England; I've also seen a couple of Ballet music lp's on this label but naturally they are the usual solo piano rubbish, of no interest to me. Is there any others worth finding? The three I have listed all have some very fine numbers indeed..

Molly Molloy - Rock Dance  (DCG006)

I've been looking for this *forever*, but I thought it was on Gamba ? been looking for the wrong thing
    Matt Hero

Comment

Matt,

You're right, it is on Gamba. on the back cover it reads "Dance Centre and Gamba Educational Records". For some reason they dropped the Gamba on the later releases. I could do with another copy myself, mines got a nasty little warp on it. Playable but very annoying. But wotta record!

Comment

Not on that label, but I have this 45 which was recorded for dance instruction.

STATLER RECORDS
        Light Up The Town Medley/Soul Makossa Medley (Statler)
        Statler Records apparently released this 45 to be used for dance instruction purposes. Light Up The Town Medley is made up of pop tunes. ThereÂ’s actually a drum break followed by the bass in the middle that shows the band could get down. ThatÂ’s followed up with a drum break at the beginning of Soul Makossa thatÂ’s given a much more spacey take than usual. The one draw back is the female-male vocals during the chorus are off key.

And if you want insturmental instructional LPs, Jamey Aebersold had a whole series of them covering specific artists and styles. I have one consisting of Herbie Hancock songs.
        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Working...
        X