X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moody on ebay

Let's see whose got the wad then...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....ry=1584

perhaps a sweepstake on the final bid is in order this afto...

13:59 and Ilmod has top bid...no sleep for you tonight fella!!!

saw sermad and llmod1 bid.... so I don't touch

Comment

Ummm £135 and it goes to llmod1.

I can almost see the whites of his eyes - they're nearly as white as his knuckles.

http://www.sweatypalms.org/

Comment

Well I want to mint up my one then offload the old one so I'd appreciate if mark pisses off this one
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 27 2003,14:38)]Well I want to mint up my one then offload the old one so I&#39;d appreciate if mark pisses off this one
          You guys ever thought about banding together and not bidding against each other? It seems a bit daft bidding on something when you know each other. I also Soul Fiend there, too. Is that Andy, who comes on here?

If I see someone I know bidding on something, I don&#39;t bid on it. Unless it&#39;s someone I know and don&#39;t like.
          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Aug. 27 2003,14:54)]You guys ever thought about banding together and not bidding against each other? It seems a bit daft bidding on something when you know each other. I also Soul Fiend there, too. Is that Andy, who comes on here?

If I see someone I know bidding on something, I don&#39;t bid on it. Unless it&#39;s someone I know and don&#39;t like.  
            Ohkley dokley.

Thing is - when was the last time you saw one of these up for sale?

Me - I&#39;m not that fussed about it. Others.........you get the feeling the gloves are gonna come off.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Belson @ Aug. 27 2003,15:31)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Aug. 27 2003,14:54)]You guys ever thought about banding together and not bidding against each other? It seems a bit daft bidding on something when you know each other. I also Soul Fiend there, too. Is that Andy, who comes on here?

Ohkley dokley.

Thing is - when was the last time you saw one of these up for sale?

Me - I&#39;m not that fussed about it. Others.........you get the feeling the gloves are gonna come off.

Yeah, fair enough, it&#39;s rare, but you&#39;re just giving the guy more money than it would go for normally by doing that. It just seems like macho posturing to bid against each other like that. I mean, it&#39;s only a fucking record
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Yeah, I agree that we others on the board should back off. Seeing as I saw Serms bid, I decided it would be tight to bid against him (seeing as he always sorts me out too).

There is a danger that we might all turn a little Deepfunk if we start waving our earnings in each other&#39;s faces&#33; Keep checking the charities etc., one will turn up. Didn&#39;t someone on this board find one in Scotland recently. Aren&#39;t various Vultures regularly kicking up Hymns A&#39;Swinging? They&#39;re all out there&#33; That&#39;s why I have no problem when someone posts about what they found this weekend/holiday etc., it&#39;s reassuring to know that it can still be done and I hope folks keep finding and keep posting. I love you all and bless each and every one of your cotton socks&#33;&#33;

My money&#39;s on slowbullet (outta Germany) and we may see the £300 mark broken, my copy went for £275 and that was 2 years ago.

Benicio

PS I found 10 library LPs in Sheffield for 10p each yesterday. They&#39;re probably all shite, I didn&#39;t get chance to listen to them, but it shows that you can find stuff economically if you&#39;re prepared to put in the legwork.
                Vibra, get someone to sort out the street cleaning&#33; The Moor = shithole. Castle Market = shithole. Still, Division/Devonshire Street&#39;s really coming along. Lots of lovely skate-chicks.
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

slowbullet is a cool guy&#33; He won my godchild record for &#036;600 ..
                  salchicha&#33;

Comment

I know llmod1 is on holiday so if he doesnt contact me about this I&#39;ll be really annoyed. Bidding on fellow vultures is really lame. I&#39;m not moaning because I&#39;m not winning the daft auction (hell Ive got one already I&#39;m not *that* upset) but dudes should have emailed me first to know my intentions.

Thanks Ben for the props - I&#39;ll sort you out again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 27 2003,16:12)]I know llmod1 is on holiday so if he doesnt contact me about this I&#39;ll be really annoyed. Bidding on fellow vultures is really lame. I&#39;m not moaning because I&#39;m not winning the daft auction (hell Ive got one already I&#39;m not *that* upset) but dudes should have emailed me first to know my intentions.

Thanks Ben for the props - I&#39;ll sort you out again soon.
                      I&#39;ve got to admit to being a little worried about your attitude here, Serm. I mean, you&#39;ve already got one and if Lonely Jelly plays sweet, then what&#39;s the fuss over?

Let Mark have it. You could even work out a trade with him for his mintier copy, should he win it. That&#39;s the kind of deals you should have in mind when this sort of thing happens. Maybe Mark has limited time, wherever he&#39;s connected, and so didn&#39;t check to see who&#39;s bidding...

Mind you, you did describe the auction as daft, so maybe it&#39;s a little premature of me to start ringing the deepfunk alarm bells&#33;
                      http://wakeupanddie.com
                      http://weirdgearnyc.com
                      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Nick mate. You know me. I would have a very good reason for wanting another copy of this and it isnt some show off vanity thing...Lets just say it involves Polydor and missing master tapes.

Comment

Yo&#33;
                          I never bite on anybody&#39;s biddings I know and like Ladyboygrimsby, et al said, I feel it is only a record and it WILL turn up again, even a bloody Moody&#33; But after Mark hit on one of mine the other day, putting me out of the runnings, I thought what the hey. Then again, Mark, [if you&#39;re checking this] you probably dont even know Soul-Fiend is my user name so.............after some consideration and Serm ever so politely knocking on my door, I&#39;ve retracted. No hard feelings guys, I hope, cos fucking with you was and would never be my intention.

Cool   ?
                          I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Aug. 27 2003,15:36)]Yeah, fair enough, it&#39;s rare, but you&#39;re just giving the guy more money than it would go for normally by doing that. It just seems like macho posturing to bid against each other like that. I mean, it&#39;s only a fucking record
                            I&#39;m kind of with Bill on this one for sure but there is such a kind of mixed psychology to the whole thing. I mean there are certain pieces that a LOT of people are after. There are certain Modern/Northern soul/Latin 45&#39;s/LP&#39;s that i am mad frothing at the mouth to get.
                            On the very rare occasion they come up for auction, if i&#39;m feeling flush (which i never am) i will have a punt on them - and with no disrespect to anyone on the board, i don&#39;t care who is bidding on it

Ilmod won an LP a couple of months ago that i wanted, but his budget that day was twice mine so i stopped bidding way before the dust had settled, nah mean ?
                            SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

fair do&#39;s to llmod, though - the high bidder at the time he went in had stood for several days &amp; wasn&#39;t actually Sermad but whoever is behind maggiesamba...
                              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                              X