Brooke bond tea beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooke bond tea beat

As an alternative to the Ebay 'MOODY' discussion can I bring to your attention this record? Having Previously and only once posted regarding Cliff Adams 'Crunch' flexi I thought I would keep the continuity and introduce the ' Brooke bond tea beat'. Its tons better than the 'Crunch' (which I have a spare copy for trade), it has a tighter groove, 'Hawkshaw style' Hammond and is on vinyl.

Does any one else know of this one?

Yeah, fairly known round these parts. Wish they'd stop saying PG tips all the bloody time though...
    http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (veris @ Aug. 28 2003,11:59)]As an alternative to the Ebay 'MOODY' discussion can I bring to your attention this record? Having Previously and only once posted regarding Cliff Adams 'Crunch' flexi I thought I would keep the continuity and introduce the ' Brooke bond tea beat'. Its tons better than the 'Crunch' (which I have a spare copy for trade), it has a tighter groove, 'Hawkshaw style' Hammond and is on vinyl.  

I've never heard of it, but it sounds great! I love references to tea!      
      Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Okay, i can top that, on me hols i picked up a 45 from 'Kosset carpets - spring 1971, soundtracks of the three 45 second television commercials', it's fookin' bollocks mind, and has no redeeming qualities at all, the music is piss poor, and there was me thinkin' i'd scored some lost fookin' masterpiece, haway, more like a fookin' bastad........:angry:
        derelicts of dialect

Comment

Not up on the advertising 7"s myself, but recently traded a rather hilarious one-sided 45 to Blighty, which was called 'The Purity Jingle', featuring a song about "Purity Brand Pork Sausages From Ireland/The Ones You Love to Eat...". I'll let him be the judge of whether it's worth looking out for...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (veris @ Aug. 28 2003,11:59)]As an alternative to the Ebay 'MOODY' discussion can I bring to your attention this record? Having Previously and only once posted regarding Cliff Adams 'Crunch' flexi I thought I would keep the continuity and introduce the ' Brooke bond tea beat'. Its tons better than the 'Crunch' (which I have a spare copy for trade), it has a tighter groove, 'Hawkshaw style' Hammond and is on vinyl.  

Aha, Mr Veris - and Brooke Bond - that reminds me, thanks for your CD the other week at Brillo - that BB cut is pretty cool - the PG Tips quotes makes it! (Nick you miserable sod! )

Oh and I'm now on the lookout for that Della Resse - killa track.

I was meaning to ask if you had a tracklisting for your promo CD?

Cheers mate!

Cheebs :

Comment

We had a natter about the Della Reese the other night. It's a single taken off her 'Live At The Playboy Club' LP (that's the strapline, can't remember the name of the damn LP! it had a UK release as well as a US release) - the 45 is a different mix without crowd noises and with bigger drums, although the LP mix is much longer and freaks out a little more.

the single was a minor hit - got to about number 99 in the US, but is pretty hard to find nevertheless.

thanks to Dean for the info!
              http://www.blaxploitation.com
              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

jonny trunk has a mad private press Cliff Adams 45 with loads of ad jingles on it - it's really funny and very groovy. 'hot chocolate drink' etc etc...
                http://www.blaxploitation.com
                Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

There is also at least one LP pressed up Lyntone - manufacturer of many if not most of the advet flexi disks - to display their work, containing something like 20 different cuts.

One came up on eBay not so long ago and went for resasonable if not amazing money (£20 I think).

I'm guessing that there must be more copies of that knocking about, and most likely other Lyntone promo LP in existance. So come on Lord Thames, spill the beans....
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Thanks to every one for the feedback, and for any one a gave a CD to  apologies for the inconsistent levels. The next Program Cd will be much more representative of our night as Dean will be finally contributing half. We might throw some new stuff in there too.

Ed looking forward to your set this coming Tuesday!

This is the track listing to the CD-

Program intro 'Some dodgy Manc'
                    High Wind 'Reality'
                    Wack Wack 'Horst Jankowski '
                    Tornei a cami 'Pedros dos santos'
                    Piparapara 'Dom Um Romao'
                    Girassol 'Opanige eduardo'
                    Dimensions 'Five Bells'
                    Country 'Morning Roger Webb'
                    Roots 'Tyrone Washington'
                    Slow motion picture 'Larry Robbins Dynamic drums plus'
                    California Soul 'Nick Ashford'
                    Do your own thing 'The Majestics'
                    Brookebondteabeat 'Cliff Adams'
                    It was a very good year 'Della Reese'
                    Love's gone bad 'Underdogs'
                    Work Song 'Alan Randell'
                    Black Widow 'Macho'
                    Overture 'Gibson kentes
                    Instant Groove 'The Belles Combo Of Dominica'
                    Hard Sometimes 'Kris Peterson'
                    OOOh Baby 'Pomoja'
                    Baby that takes the cake 'Billy Best'
                    Close your eyes 'Caprells'
                    Warthog 'Ackley/ Play rock guitar today'

Comment

That trackie looks well tasty - any chance of a copy Mr Veris?
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Si Cheeba @ Aug. 29 2003,08:33)]Aha, Mr Veris - and Brooke Bond - that reminds me, thanks for your CD the other week at Brillo - that BB cut is pretty cool - the PG Tips quotes makes it! (Nick you miserable sod! )
                        Si can tell when I post things whilst hungover...
                        http://wakeupanddie.com
                        http://weirdgearnyc.com
                        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (theeman @ Aug. 29 2003,09:18)]We had a natter about the Della Reese the other night. It's a single taken off her 'Live At The Playboy Club' LP (that's the strapline, can't remember the name of the damn LP! it had a UK release as well as a US release) - the 45 is a different mix without crowd noises and with bigger drums, although the LP mix is much longer and freaks out a little more.

the single was a minor hit - got to about number 99 in the US, but is pretty hard to find nevertheless.

thanks to Dean for the info!
                          I was bustin' that track many years ago and I've got the 45 & LP of "It was a very good year" and it's just an edit of the LP track i'd swear - "One more time" '67 HMV.
                          SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

There are a couple of versions of Della Reese's "It Was A very Good Year". The one to look for is the ABC 7" version which has the 'hip-hop' drums.

I have a Stateside 7" but this is just edit of the track from the album and not as good imho.
                            records - one a week mixcloud
                            records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Just remembered another nice advertising 7", which is the one Matt traded me a while back featuring 'Cliff Warwick & The Dollybeats' doing 'Sindy' - very 60s 'la-la-la' pop, and not very funky, but a great slice of 60s cheese nonetheless. Any chance Cliff Adams might be related to Cliff Warwick and his band 'The Dollybeats' (featuring Cliff on vocals, Terry Coombes on lead guitar, Paul May on Bass & RB Graham on drums). Unfortunately, as it says on the sleeve, "the name of the group and the names of the members are fictitious...". I'm guessing that if Lord Thames doesn't know who this lot really are, no one does...
                              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                              X