Andy smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy smith

Anyone heard it and is there a tracklist?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Haven't heard it, and the nearest I can get to a tracklisting for now, is what Andy posted on DF.

The mix CD includes tracks by Kate Bush, Ultramagnetic MC's, Roy Lee Johnson & The Villagers, Mr Lif. Quantic Soul Orchestra, Black Sheep, James Brown, Three Dog Night, Barbara Randolph, Eric B & Rakim, Sugarmen 3, the 2 tracks on this 45 and lots more.

Include as well the 2 tracks on the sampler 45 - Patti Drew etc.

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Belson @ Aug. 29 2003,16:39)]Haven't heard it, and the nearest I can get to a tracklisting for now, is what Andy posted on DF.

The mix CD includes tracks by Kate Bush, Ultramagnetic MC's, Roy Lee Johnson & The Villagers, Mr Lif. Quantic Soul Orchestra, Black Sheep, James Brown, Three Dog Night, Barbara Randolph, Eric B & Rakim, Sugarmen 3, the 2 tracks on this 45 and lots more.

Include as well the 2 tracks on the sampler 45 - Patti Drew etc.

Interesting.

Any copies of the sampler 45 knocking about anywhere ?
      Matt Hero

Comment

Im sure if you come along to the document 2 launch you will get one. Andy was giving them out at the little barrie gig. Is that patti drew a cheapie?
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 29 2003,16:51)]Im sure if you come along to the document 2 launch you will get one. Andy was giving them out at the little barrie gig. Is that patti drew a cheapie?
          And that would be when Sermad ? Mind you, my chances of making it, whenever it might be would be slim. Any chance someone could snaffle (yes it is a word. Or maybe a drink ?) one for me ?
          Matt Hero

Comment

yep brain kicking in now. No idea when the doc 2 launch is. Nick would know. If I get a spare its got your lovely name written all over it.

oh and a ps. Got this months booting monthly? Anything going on sunday up upper dicker way / East Sussex?

Comment

Found it:

1. Kate Bush - The Man With The Child In His Eyes
              2. Craig G - Welcome To The Game (Inst.)
              3. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn
              4. Akbar - Hot Ya Hot
              5. Mr Lif - The Unorthodox
              6. Three Dog Night - I Can Hear You Calling
              7. Patti Drew - Hard To Handle
              8. DJ Bombjack - Big Beat No.3
              9. Serge Gainsbourg - Requiem Pour Un C...
              10. Martin Brew - Sand Steppin&#39;
              11. Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours
              12. Quantic Soul Orchestra - Super 8
              13. The Sugarman 3 - Funky So And So
              14. Ultramagnetic MC&#39;s - Give the Drummer Some
              15. Georgie Fame &amp; The Blue Flames - Music Talk
              16. Barbara Randolph - Can I Get A Witness
              17. Dynamo Productions - Showtime
              18. Major Force - Re-Return Of The Original Artform (Cut Chemist Mix)
              19. Jack Jones - I&#39;ll Never Fall In Love Again (The Andy Smith one channel Re-edit)
              20. Eric B &amp; Rakim - No Omega
              21. Boca 45 - Gather Round
              22. Roy Lee Johnson &amp; The Villagers - Boogaloo No.3
              23. Five By Five - Fire
              24. Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl

Looks like a good &#39;un&#33;
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ Aug. 29 2003,16:58)]oh and a ps. Got this months booting monthly? Anything going on sunday up upper dicker way / East Sussex?
                Indeed I have, but the last issue hit the recycling this week and Sunday is the 31st

I can tell you about *next* Sunday though &#33; I&#39;d guess it&#39;ll be the same for this week.

Fontwell Racecourse as usual, along with Hastings seafront, Chichester Market (if you want to come across to W. Sussex), or if you want to venture up into Surrey, there are *huge* ones in Epsom &amp; Guildford. Le me know if you want anything more specific.

Note to Carboot organisers, please put the *postcode* in the adverts, then we can find the damn locations a bit easier &#33;
                Matt Hero

Comment

And if there&#39;s no booting and you want to come climbing instead Sermad, we&#39;ll be in East Grinstead.  

I&#39;ll be interested to hear that Jack Jones track.  Actually, it&#39;ll be interesting to hear the whole thing...
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Aug. 29 2003,17:03)]Found it:

1. Kate Bush - The Man With The Child In His Eyes
                    2. Craig G - Welcome To The Game (Inst.)
                    3. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn
                    4. Akbar - Hot Ya Hot
                    5. Mr Lif - The Unorthodox
                    6. Three Dog Night - I Can Hear You Calling
                    7. Patti Drew - Hard To Handle
                    8. DJ Bombjack - Big Beat No.3
                    9. Serge Gainsbourg - Requiem Pour Un C...
                    10. Martin Brew - Sand Steppin&#39;
                    11. Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours
                    12. Quantic Soul Orchestra - Super 8
                    13. The Sugarman 3 - Funky So And So
                    14. Ultramagnetic MC&#39;s - Give the Drummer Some
                    15. Georgie Fame &amp; The Blue Flames - Music Talk
                    16. Barbara Randolph - Can I Get A Witness
                    17. Dynamo Productions - Showtime
                    18. Major Force - Re-Return Of The Original Artform (Cut Chemist Mix)
                    19. Jack Jones - I&#39;ll Never Fall In Love Again (The Andy Smith one channel Re-edit)
                    20. Eric B &amp; Rakim - No Omega
                    21. Boca 45 - Gather Round
                    22. Roy Lee Johnson &amp; The Villagers - Boogaloo No.3
                    23. Five By Five - Fire
                    24. Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl

Looks like a good &#39;un&#33;
                    Right i&#39;m gonna wind me neck out here cos i&#39;m in one of them moods. I don&#39;t actually think for a DJ with a relatively high profile that, that tracklisting is very inspiring at all &#33;

I mean there isn&#39;t much on there that isn&#39;t pretty well known and played out, i guess it must be in the mixing then huh ?

IMO these dudes need to try a bit harder if they are to stay in the game

Controversial &#33;
                    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

I agree with Towny...ok we haven&#39;t heard it yet and we all know how andy can rock the bells (his incredible cutting and juggling skills come to mind etc) but the tracklisting is pretty safe. Well compared to the first one it was anyway.

I know there are a million licensing issues etc which affect the tracklisting...Anyways if it sells shit loads and gets more people into funky things - then I&#39;m up for that.

Comment

I thought the first one was safe, and there weren&#39;t as many tracks on that, but it was assembled nicely.  Basically, a great party set, which is I guess what Andy Smith&#39;s reputation is for, and a lot better than you&#39;d hear if you paid good money for a gig by certain predict-a-set hip hop DJ&#39;s.

Anyway, when&#39;s the next Sie and Towny mix due to drop?  I still enjoy the last one on the reg.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I&#39;m looking forward to hearing him mix from the original artform into the Jack Jones track...

I think on the first one where he mixes from peggy lee into sl troopers. I was like. where did that come from?&#33;?

yep he is great dj - must have been to many a stoodent piss up with him rocking the platters. The hot funky and sweaty with andy and john stapleton was one of the best sets ive ever witnessed too.

Comment

You can ask him all them questions yourself when he plays HF&amp;S to celebrate the launch on Sept 18. The Patti Drew 45 won&#39;t cost you more than 15 quid, Serm. Don&#39;t expect Andy to do a live version of the mix though, as he&#39;s probably sick of doing it for promo appearances etc, but it&#39;ll be in the same spirit - a great big party down. Adam Leaver will certainly give him a run for his money and I&#39;ll just try to keep up...

http://wakeupanddie.com
                            http://weirdgearnyc.com
                            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Aug. 29 2003,18:02)]I thought the first one was safe, and there weren&#39;t as many tracks on that, but it was assembled nicely.  Basically, a great party set, which is I guess what Andy Smith&#39;s reputation is for, and a lot better than you&#39;d hear if you paid good money for a gig by certain predict-a-set hip hop DJ&#39;s.

Anyway, when&#39;s the next Sie and Towny mix due to drop?  I still enjoy the last one on the reg.

Yeah, i thought the first one was pretty safe but it did put me onto a few tunes - Tom Jones, Peggy Lee at least.

The next mix is gonna be an all Towny affair this time cos it&#39;s gonna be a hella mad thing thats gonna take a llllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time in my crib think 100+ tracks in 60 minutes &#33; Soon come
                              SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Working...
                              X