A few digs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few digs.....

Popped out 'to get some air' (cough) from work this afternoon, and had a quick charity dig. Found :

Pointer Sisters - 'Steppin' (ABC) LP
    Just about got my full set of their decent Lps now.

Hot Hits 5 - (MFP) LP
    Nice version of 'Jig-A-Jig'.. I'm sure I *must* have bought this one before sometime ?

Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill (ABC) LP

This Is Soul (Deacon) LP
    Sound like there are a couple of decent instruemtal tracks on this, credited to 'Batanoff'. Lord Thames,or anyone for that matter, got any more info ?

Sony Quad Sampler (CBS) LP
    Great intro into (alas) an edited down version of Chase's 'Open Up Wide'.

The Potters - We'll Be With You / Theme For a Team (Trent) 45
    Bizarre Trent/Hatch composition in aid of Stoke City FC. Jaunty instrumental flip, but not funky in the slighest, but then there is......

Manchester City FC - Boys In Blue / Funky City (RCA) 45
    Godley/Creme/Goldman (aka 10CC) produce typical 'Team Singalong' A-side, but forget the whole point of footie records (ie so bad they are occasionally entertaining) and turn in a dead funky downtempo funk instrumental flip with a little break to boot. Who would have thought eh !

Jeff Wayne - Jublilation (Theme From The Big Match) (CBS) 45

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Argentine Melody (BBC Theme for the 1978 World Cup) (MCA) 45

Ok, a bit of a footie 45 binge, but the whole lot was just y'fiver.
    Matt Hero

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Aug. 29 2003,16:45)]This Is Soul (Deacon) LP
    Sound like there are a couple of decent instruemtal tracks on this, credited to 'Batanoff'. Lord Thames,or anyone for that matter, got any more info ?
    I can never resist a challenge......

Yer man Batanoff is a German feller, I've found out his first name on a couple of occasions but I can never remember it. (I think it might be Sergei, but don't quote me on that&#39 The only other places I've spotted his name are on an Otto Weiss LP and a German library LP on Elite Special.

There are also a couple of tracks credited to 'Hayder', who is actually Joe Haider (or possibly John), who contributed the occasionally comped KPM track 'Butterfly', and another one on the 'Setting The Scene' comp (which I don't know the title of, as the vinyl version had the tracks in the wrong order )

Aside from that, the cover versions are the usual Hensley Music recordings from other Deacon LPs - quite nicely done, actually.

Comment

Working...
    X