The crates was kind today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crates was kind today

went to the east anglian traditonal music day, the reason i go is there's always a shop with books, bric a brac & records there, normally i don't get much but today the crates were kinder, here goes:

john brown junior's go go music - the happening (roy budd)

wavemaker - new atlantis (brian hodgson from BBC radiophonic workshop)

stan reynolds - dance party (saga)

sounds orchestral - at the movies

sounds like soul - s/t (special fontana)

tom jones - green green grass of home

a shed load of kings singers one particularly good one called 'tempus fugit' with space oddity, monday monday, mr tambourine man, god only knows, strawberry fields forever etc)

my mate managed to beat me to a booker t & the mg's lp & sammy davis jnr shaft, but you can't win em all
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Nice one mate, that 'Tempus Fugit' is right weird tho, my fave has ter be 'Strawberry fields', mind you they look like a right fookin' dodgy bunch on the cover (which is shite, natch). And that John Brown's go go music's good an all!. Good haul.
    derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ Aug. 30 2003,22:38)]Nice one mate, that 'Tempus Fugit' is right weird tho, my fave has ter be 'Strawberry fields', mind you they look like a right fookin' dodgy bunch on the cover (which is shite, natch). And that John Brown's go go music's good an all!. Good haul.
      space oddity is my fav, your right though, they do look dodgy

Comment

yeah, a bit 'League of gentlemen' like!!! ie a bit fookin' scary!
        derelicts of dialect

Comment

I got excited on Saturday browsing through the Easy section of my local second hand shop when I saw the Circle Of Sound logo jump out at me.It was only the Impulsion sampler.Why nothing from Moody?Never mind,it's good to know they're out there still.Also picked up a nice Jaques Brel lp and the Bravo Brasso with 'A Yorkshire Moor '.Stompin'  
          Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

What's the Fontana 'Sounds Like Soul' LP, HM? Is it part of the excellent 'Sounds Like Hits' covers series (produced by Rediffusion, incidentally)?
            Bravo Brasso - excellent. Got mine signed by Johnny Scott himself too!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Aug. 31 2003,17:10)]What's the Fontana 'Sounds Like Soul' LP, HM? Is it part of the excellent 'Sounds Like Hits' covers series (produced by Rediffusion, incidentally)?
              Bravo Brasso - excellent. Got mine signed by Johnny Scott himself too!
              Hi Lord Thames, the sounds like soul is a special fontana, like the sounds like hits series, tracks inc. dancing in the streets, nowhere to run, love child, i say a little prayer etc.

Comment

Working...
              X