Zack laurence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zack laurence

picked up an lp by zack laurence today called a taste of zack laurence, it had a self penned track called jasmin, thought it might be funky, it wasn't, but the next track 'mississippi delta' what a blinder of a funk track, the lp has some more great moments but as yet i haven't had a chance to play it properly, anyone heard of zack laurence, or own this lp?
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Heard the name, but know nish, my good friend Lord Thames (the ever reliable fountain of knowledge) might be able to help.
    derelicts of dialect

Comment

come on lord thames help us out with this zack laurence lp, i might have a few more session lp's for you, free of course.

Comment

Top track & LP, picked it up a few years ago and was surprised more vultures didn't know about it ! Is yours on DJM ? with the bare birds back on it ?
        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

I've got this too and am a big fan. He has at least one more lp that I'm aware of.

Comment

Zack Laurence did at least two other LPs for DJM - 'Zacharach Cocktail' (a reasonable LP of Bacharach tunes) and 'I Will', an excellent little set from 1969 with covers of 'African Waltz', 'Things We Said Today' (with mad pub piano&#33 and 'Son Of A Preacher Man' done in a way that made it sound like a sports theme tune! It's well worth looking out for.

Zack also made a few library LPs, but the most recent thing I can find that he's done is the theme tune to 'The Crystal Maze'.

More session LPs, Happy Monster? Excellent - bring 'em on!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (TOWNY @ Aug. 30 2003,23:35)]Top track & LP, picked it up a few years ago and was surprised more vultures didn't know about it ! Is yours on DJM ? with the bare birds back on it ?
              yeah it's on DJM & it's got the bare birds back sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Aug. 31 2003,17:05)]Zack Laurence did at least two other LPs for DJM - 'Zacharach Cocktail' (a reasonable LP of Bacharach tunes) and 'I Will', an excellent little set from 1969 with covers of 'African Waltz',

More session LPs, Happy Monster? Excellent - bring 'em on!
                african waltz is on this one as well, must be a sampler, yeah i've got a few more session lp's for you Lord Thames, can you send me your address again via email or the PM and i'll pass them on to you.

Comment

i've got 'I Will', and it's a good one. is 'Mississippi Delta' a cover of the Bobbie Gentry track?

Comment

I think Zack Laurence was the guy behind "Groovin' With Mr Bloe" unless I'm very much mistaken...
                    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Yes, that's right - I forgot about that. I think he did a lot of arrangements for DJM.
                      Mr Bloe himself was Harry Pitch, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Sep. 01 2003,12:57)]Yes, that's right - I forgot about that. I think he did a lot of arrangements for DJM.
                        Mr Bloe himself was Harry Pitch, by the way.
                        He's involved in the John Schroeder "Gangster Movie Vibrations" LP, can't remember if it was with arrangements or just conducting...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Sep. 01 2003,12:24)]I think Zack Laurence was the guy behind "Groovin' With Mr Bloe" unless I'm very much mistaken...
                          Yeah, and check the flipside of the 7", "Sinful" for a corking Northern-esque groover with chunky brass, cool hammond and funky bass riffs.. top gear.
                          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
                          X